Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • What was your best ride of 2010?
  • Blower
    Free Member

Steveh- first and last which trails?

allyharp

Probably has to be Glen Sligachan in June in perfect weather, followed by 2 days round Torridon.

IMG_6572 by allyharp, on Flickr

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

Sacking off the Megavalanche qualifier and riding the bottom half of the Mega track followed by some cheeky footpath near Oz with a mate, both of us on Sundays and treating it like a fast, downhill XC day on empty trails, whilst all the mugs queued on the qualifier singletrack behind numpties who had bought front row places.

Aloe D’Huez is a great place to ride when the Mega isn’t in the equasion.

jedi

tom_ – Member

For one of those grin-factor progression days, my skills day was awesome.
    glad you liked it tom 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

I’ll be back for another ride if/when the weather improves a bit 🙂

Northwind

We had this thread already didn’t we?

Mine is a tie I think between one of our days with A Quick Release in France, and my birthday uplift day at Innerleithen. But probably the former, every day there was good but this one had it all- a murderous climb, water shortages, lunch by a lovely river, a ride in a smelly van, a horrendous climb that went on forever, ChrisL’s descent into madness, then a series of descents each one faster, rockier and dafter than the last. Great trails, great company and my riding just came together really well on those last descents, perfect really.

sharki
    Free Member

2010 was just one big ride for me.

A bit hike a bike for 4 months, without the bike, but damn the bike was there with me in my soul every step of the way..

steveh

Blower – Different cheeky bits, all ridable to from my house in shef.

jedi

i reckon it may be riding chamonix with the protege nathan, and cav strutt my bmx childhood hero 🙂

tomstickland
    Free Member

I think it was our epic North Wales adventure where we did the Llyn Cowlyd loop and the Marin trail combined. Most of the group took a short cut, leaving 3 of us to try and finish it off before it got dark. We came down the final descent to Capel-Curig at about 7:30pm when it was just going dark.

Photos here: http://www.mbswindon.co.uk/north-wales-mtb-aug-2010/

North Wales MTB Aug 2010 by tomstickland, on Flickr

North Wales MTB Aug 2010 by tomstickland, on Flickr

forgotmename
    Free Member

For me it was the 3 days in chamonix in september, on my own, cant say which day was best tho as each day was fantastic.

forge197
    Free Member

Day spent in Pila awesome tied with Fort William Red on a stunning blue sky day and no wind.

saxabar
    Free Member

Chamonix in September pretty awesome for me too. Highlights involve a particularly techy unmarked run down from Flegere and also one run over to Switzerland with seemingly endless singletrack. In Blighty a Snowdon ride stands out, especially as I’ve relocated to the area.

@forgotmename: do you have an inordinate amount of tatoos per chance?

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Keilder 100, mainly because it was the event that i had spent nearly a year riding for, which covered all sorts of rides, ones that early on nearly broke me and made me want to never get on a bike again to rides over late spring and summer that were awesome and everything came together on the day especially in Lakes weekend in August. But K100 has to be the best, when i look back the emotions i went through, the sheer physical effort, and how much faster i was going downhill in the last 20 odd miles (i usually prefer going up than coming down) all in all it has made me a better rider. More of the same in the coming years, i just have squeeze in the arrival of my daughter in April this year 😉

Enjoy 2011 people

jedi

saxabar, that’s him 🙂

Pieface

my coast to coast ride that started and ended from home in Sheffield

Karinofnine

Riding almost the whole length of the South Downs Way by myself on a dry hot day in the summer. A very happy memory, I will ride the whole thing in 2011.

CheesybeanZ

Passport du soleil as the single best ride ,great trails, stunning views especially on the chairlift looking back at Switzerland .

andyd
    Free Member

As per a few others here, first ever alpine trip this year and the ride to Champery and mucking about on the easy runs at Chatel bike park highlights of the year.

jimster
    Free Member

Best ride of 2010 has to go to Wyre Forest during the hottest day of the year, guided by MuddyPuddle.

Trekster

given the state of my back atm every and any ride is a good un 🙄

1 ride earlier in the year when I left the map at home for a Lakes ride and then trying to do it from memory turned into a better ride 😆

Last weeks 3 rides. Sundays Mabie jaunt with some guys from here, the Kirry ride and another Mabie bits`n pieces last Fri. Starting to feel the fitness come back after enforced summer lay off and winter flu.

To choose a best ride? The Lakes one.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

I have two favorites that I can not seperate for two very different reasons….

1) Tamarancho, Marin, California

2) Mammoth Mountain, California

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What was your best ride of 2010?

Well she was a redhead & alas now is only part of my memories. 😆

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘What was your best ride of 2010?’ is closed to new replies.