Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • What was your best holiday?
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Kitesurfing in Los Roques National Park.
    4 months followed by 2 years in Havana when I found 4 months wasn’t enough.

theotherjonv

10 days doing all of the parks in Florida – 4 Disneys, 2 universal, SeaWorld, etc. Exhausting but the kids loved it, which is good enough for me.

ampthill

I think Kayak is in the lead so far

martinhutch

Climbing and touring in southern France – Verdon Gorge, Buoux, Dentelles de Montmirail etc.

With the family, a couple of weeks pottering about Denmark and Sweden. Beautiful beaches, friendly people, enough thrills and spills for the kids.

Stoner
    Free Member

Adventure: 3 months, 5,000km ride across Spain and France. Before Kids 🙁
    “Organised Holiday”: Honeymoon, 7 days cruise down dalmatian coast taking in the Croatian Islands, from Split to Dubrovnik and back.

Holiday: With kids, campervan, France, 4 weeks. Everything from the Pyrenees to the Cevennes via catching Le Tour in Aude.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Vietnam – North and Central part (2005)
    Borneo (2010)
    When we where students we spent 4 weeks in Pyrenees, staying in a friends house in land from Perpignan, touring around etc, 1982 !

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

9 months cycle touring around Oz and NZ was the biggest. Dorset last year was the best (Sea Barn Farm, thanks STW for the tip).

freeagent
    Free Member

Landrover Rally to Morocco in 2006 was pretty cool, and certainly a bit different to your usual package trip.

scud
    Free Member

Spent most of my 20’s being a travel bum, lucky enough to have a job i could keep coming back to that would take me on and then running a small travel company taking people to North Africa.

7 months overlanding from Portsmouth to Cape Town via West Africa which saddens me as so many of the countries you can no longer easily travel through, East Africa may have the game parks, but West Africa has the most diverse types of people.

Many 5 week trips round Morocco, hiking in Atlas, chilling out on the coast and messing about in the Sahara in our old Land Rover 101.

Travelling through Peru and Bolivia for a few months on public transport, then returning the next year to do Ecuador and Galapagos Islands.

Lastly honeymoon to St. Lucia was fantastic, due to financial constraints we stayed in a little hotel and had to eat out each night, used to see the couples staying a the Sandals and other resorts who hadn’t left the complex all fortnight and were completely aware of any other part of the island at all.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

A week in Alnmouth last year.

Sad but true.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Japan with Saddle Skedaddle still remains the most astonishing trip I’ve done.

(mods – not promoting – no commercial link – hopefully on topic!)

TM

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘What was your best holiday?’ is closed to new replies.