Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • What was the last thing you repurposed?
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

Spot of decorative woodwork to do, making a curved brace for the annex porch so used the outdoor table as a radius

Then after hacking that other with a jigsaw needed a bench sander so redeployed my bike stand and a plant pot. There isn’t an inch of level ground around our house so it took a bit of levelling.
    [url=https://postimages.org/]imagehosting[/url]
    And lastly the piece in situ. Kindo of. Need to router and edge finish on the posts before fitting but you get the idea

Bodgetastic

kayak23

The belt sander bike stand holder is genius @thestabiliser 😂

More shed stuff from me.

An old hammer head as a shed door handle.

Then we have an old galvanised bucket, bottom cut out and a Pyrex bowl bonded in as a porthole/window. The stained glass surround was also repurposed glass scraps from the waste bin of a stained glass course at the college. It’s laid between acrylic sheets with grout inbetween.

mick_r

I’m just here to steal kayak’s ideas 🙂

Always liked the washing machine portholes.

Any more details on how to do the stained glass without the grout splurging through? Is it acrylic – glass – grout & clean from one side – acrylic – flip over – remove original acrylic and clean?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

That bike looks Rad!

kayak23

Any more details on how to do the stained glass without the grout splurging through?

All I did was create the wooden frame, lay in my sheet of acrylic, then if I remember, I bonded each little piece of glass to the acrylic with clear silicone, then just grouted it. Acrylic stays. Would be way too fragile without it.

It ain’t Westminster Abbey, but it looks pretty nice when the sunlight comes through.

You could probably do the same with a resin pour which might be easier and would probably look better. Wasn’t on my radar at the time really.
    Was quite sketchy grouting with so many razor sharp edges.

If you used resin, you could probably use broken bottles and stuff which might be quite cool.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Loving all of this.

@phil5556
    if you ever want rid of that gondola I’ll take it, can be gone same day! How did you manage to get it anyway? Would also work as a mini greenhouse.

The V8 wine rack is also fantastic, if you wanted to go next level you could reinstate the coolant system and use it as a chiller as well.

That bike is Far Rad!

avdave2

A piece of old innertube is now working as the flap valve in the bathroom toilet

kayak23

galvanised bucket, bottom cut out and a Pyrex bowl bonded in as a porthole/window. The stained glass surround

A view from the other side, also showing the stove. The top was made with an old frying pan welded in so you can warm food up on it (I didn’t do the stove)

All of the actual cladding on the shed is made from painted panels from a defunct painting and decorating course. The students used to try out techniques on moulded panels and I cut them all up and used them as cladding. They don’t really get wet because of the roof overhang.

The floor is scaffold boards.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Hadn’t noticed 2old land rover windows before 👍

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

MC Escher

thestabiliser

I honestly can’t tell the difference.

kayak23

Hadn’t noticed 2old land rover windows before 👍

Forgot about them. They’re off a narrowboat as it goes.

phil5556

@squirrelking there’s a company (maybe in Sussex somewhere?) that buys them up when the lift companies sell them and then sells them on over here.

I could have bought one directly from the 3 Vals but the logistics of bringing it back up to Scotland would’ve been a bit of hassle and expense.

And sorry but it’s staying, I don’t fancy getting it back out of the garden 🤣

onehundredthidiot

@bigblackshed it’ll tone down over time.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Ah, Alpine Accessories?

£2k is a bit pricey but still pretty damn cool.

phil5556

Yeah Alpine Accessories – couldn’t remember their name earlier.

Wasn’t cheap you’re right, but we wanted one 🙂

Cheaper than the place in Taninges that sells them.

kayak23

Made a new allotment fruit cage for my partner’s birthday.
    She made the old one with Wilko garden arches which rusted through fairly quick and has been falling down for quite a while.

I made this one using metal electrical conduit pipe and the obligatory allotment perennial, blue water pipe.

It looked enormous when I was building it in the workshop, but having put it up on her plot today, it doesn’t cover all the fruit bushes.
    Oh well, she’ll have to kill some…
    Measure twice, cut once was it? 😂

Netting to come later.

BigJohn

I started off with this monstrosity that somebody gave me – an Iggle-Piggle thing:

And with a bit of hacksawing, wood, zip-ties and copper pipe made something that my 16 month grandson can learn his life skills on

tthew

Big improvement!

dyna-ti

Excellent job of the balance bike. 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Has he just ridden down the slide? Rad Skilzzz

thenorthwind

That’s some creative jigging @thestabiliser – I’ll probably be stealing the belt sander in a bike stand trick at some point.

Love the bucket window @kayak23 (and everything else about the shed). I’ve got an old hammer head that’s been sitting in a drawer waiting to be repurposed for probably several years now – I was thinking a hook, but a door handle is a great idea, and I do have a new shed…

toby1

It’s not pretty. but chopped old pallets are stopping my dog getting down the side of the shed and garage these days, saves building an actual fence!

BigJohn

My small saucepan used to tip over on the gas hob as it wasn’t properly supported. I thought of getting a proper heat diffuser…

…but this works fine. I’m surprised how much it warps though.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I read quite a lot of car magazines and it seems a shame to just throw them away. So I started making a magazine table.

My man maths on the resin was a bit out. This is the second kilo of glass resin. It will still need some more when this lot sets and I add the thin wooden surround. Not the cheap magazine table I first envisaged. 🙁

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Update – Spider ruins table. Poor sod died doing it too.

Right in the middle of the sodding table. What are the chances of polishing him out?

duncancallum

Could you sand and polish it and re pour a small puddle?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Could you sand and polish it and re pour a small puddle? – That is my hope. I am not sure how deep he sank.

I will be adding a wooden surround to edge the tabletop so will need to pour a final coat, just not what I wanted to find yesterday evening.

yetidave
    Free Member

just put a new layer over the top of the spider – immortalise him/her.

temudgin

Parasol base made from 2” pipe and flange and a couple of concrete blocks.
    Ugly? Yes
    Free? Yes 😄

slowol

We need some coat hooks so I raided a box of hoarded one removed from other places, added to an old shelf from the garage and asked the painting expert in the house to paint the desired colour (boring white this time).
    All ready for coats.

Ambrose

Old chainrings make decent trivets.

duncancallum

Needed an I.G.E system….

So a shit monitor stand screwed upside down, a TV screwed to an old bathroom vanity unit door as a reducer screwed to the mount.

The TV stand screwed to a peice of ply and the amp fastened with some bookshelf wall brackets to hang underneath and a old amp and speakers.

TV donated by terrahawk of this parish….

Only new thing was a refurbished fire stick….

duncancallum

Oh and an old advertisement board pinched from work

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.