Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • What was the last bike part you bought, that when it arrived you thought, “wow!”
  • Poopscoop

Mine has to be the GX Eagle cassette.

Particularly looking at it from the rear of the cassette it is a thing of beauty,almost a piece of art!

What’s your latest bike related “wow”?

kayak23

Cassette also.

Sunrace 11-46 in black with a red spider. A thing of beauty 🙂

martinhutch

Last time was because they sent me two of them by mistake.

hols2
    Free Member

Wow, brakes that work when it’s raining.

tomhoward

First time was a carbon bar, it weighed less than the box it came in…

joebristol

Probably my Bird Aeris – never spent that sort of money on a bike before and just looked like such a serious bit of kit compared to what I’d had before.

carlos
    Free Member

Not a “wow” but defo an “Ooooo” this morning when unpacking the Aggressor 2.5WT that’s arrived 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Not seen an Eagle, but had a similar, “Size a that” feeling when I received my first 11-42 cassette.

Compared to the cassettes we previously bought for 3×9, they are like huge dinner plates!

Stoner
    Free Member

Yesterday took delivery of a new Planet X Exo3 TT frameset for Mrs Stoner. She’s been competing for the last 3 or 4 years (incl Euro champs 3 times, world champs once and national champs most years) on a second hand PX Stealth frame set and she deserves to go up a notch in time for the Euros in Estonia later this year.

Took it out of the box and it is quite a monument of engineering. Huge aero cross sections, but light as  feather and stiff as hell.

I cant wait to build it up for her. Might need some help though as its got fangled internal routing and Ive had to buy some weird brakes that hide inside the frame and fork faring like some kind of Citroen wheel arch from the 40s.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I think it would have been a minion 29er tyre. I definitely remember thunking “wow, that weighs more than my car”. Rides grand mind.

oikeith

I really like the SWAT system on my Enduro, it gets lots of wows when i lend spares or tools from it!

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve spent a night without sleep because I’m as excited as a kid on Christmas Eve.

Why?

Because an S-Works Enduro 29er frame is being delivered to my house this afternoon.

lawman91

Usually it’s whenever my seasonal 7Mesh clothing delivery arrives! There kit is just so nicely put together and the attention to detail is unreal. It’s just damn nice gear and so understated, nothing like the garish crap from Fox I’ve worn in the past that fell apart on the first ride.

Working in the trade I see a lot of new kit, almost on a weekly, if not daily basis, and I have noticed it takes a lot more to wow me these days! The new Transition SBG bikes are nice and I was very much in “WOW!” mode when my Whyte arrived 18 or so months ago, but really there isn’t much that excites me these days in terms of bike kit, especially as far as complete bike’s go. I did get excited by my Chromag carbon bar and ranger stem, again just because they look so nice and also had an out loud wow moment first time I used my Maxx-D on a night ride, it was like having a second sun attached to the bars!

stevied
    Free Member

When I took the Liteville 601 frame out of the box.

The size of the tubing and the weight (in a good way) was a major ‘WOW’.

nickc

an S-Works Enduro 29er frame is being delivered

Nice, pics or it didn’t happen 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

I ordered some powerlinks from ChainReaction and the size of the box they came in made me go “Wow!”

Does that count?

matt_outandabout

I ordered some powerlinks from ChainReaction and the size of the box they came in made me go “Wow!”

+1

That and how bright youngest_OAB’s new grips were in luminous yellow and luminous orange…

martymac

Brooks B17ti.

its nice.

cookeaa

Not so much a purchased product arriving, but when this bodge worked I did think “Wow” TBH;

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ghetto-shift-warning-cx-bodging-pic-heavy/

It’s still working by the way…

tazzymtb

some freaky titanium bullmoose bars, light, comfortable and make my niche-gland pulsate with joy

lowey

Not really a part, but brought this home last night.

After my daughters, the most beautiful thing to have entered my house.

BadlyWiredDog

Enve carbon fibre drop bars for the road bike, Totally and ridiculously unnecessary. Very expensive. Extremely nice.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Knuckleball bars, couldn’t get over how light they were.

rickmeister

GX Eagle here too closely followed by the anodized SRAM Bleeding edge tool.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Some new Pikes, After years of being a Fox stalwart and basically slagging of RS as low quality I have seen the light.

tdog
    Free Member

@ sneaky- me too, Pikes have blown me away.

@ lowey- the old bird on the tv does not approve but hey I do, please share it round to testride 👍

AlexSimon

Next SL cranks. Not so much when they arrived, because they came on a full Bird Aeris, but the first time I took them off the frame and removed the pedals it was a definite wow moment. I reckon they’d be heavier if they were made out of paper.

stevie750

For me it’s when anything arrives in a branded box rather than a clear plastic bag

Onzadog
    Free Member

Carlos, where did you find the Aggressor WT?

I was pretty impressed with my LB carbon rims when they arrived.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Titus Fireline Titanium frame.
    So light, such a lovely finish. First time I’ve had titanium

chakaping
    Free Member

Not exactly a “wow” but it did arrive today and please me very much…

nickc

Lowey, That looks amazing!! I hope (see what I did there)  they’re even better looking IRL than the pictures.

mcnultycop

The bar plugs and pump I bought from Wiggle and picked up for the post office today, as I was starving and in a rush and there were Haribo in the box.

Denis99
    Free Member

Spurcycle , wonderful design , finish and operation.

The “ding” is just right, a joy to use and look at.

Daffy

New Litespeed T5g frame.

stevextc
    Free Member

Pure unboxing WOW is probably Thomson Dropper….or Some Aest Ti Pedals for the kid…
    The Thomson is just really nice engineering… the AEST were £35 and weigh less than my phone… even after weighing them I spent most of the day picking them up as even knowing the weight it seemed unbelievable. That they are working over a year later is equally surprising.

Most amazed it works so well, probably the RST Air forks on my kids XC bike…
    My own Pike is definitely in there but I think it took me a bit longer and sticking an extra 10mm travel to really appreciate it.

If it doesn’t need to be brand new.. then probably the ML3 tune shock… over the stock ML on my T-130. Which was also only £100 and almost new… (or someone had at least done an aircan service really well)

Tracey

This

Built into this

TiRed

Sram eTap TT groupset, or Giro Aerohead Ultimate helmet. Both are definitely Wow! The latter was also a phew! Because I bought it used for the same price as a new non-carbon fibre Aerohead.

richen987
    Free Member

a new set of xt  di2 😀 a total sucker for somthing new and nice to buy somthing totally different for the bike

zerolight
    Free Member

Hope E4s were the last really nice component. The Hightower that followed them a year later is even better, but nit really what the OP intended. I was pretty pleased with my Wahoo ELEMNT last month.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘What was the last bike part you bought, that when it arrived you thought, “wow!”’ is closed to new replies.