Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • What was the best bike Raleigh ever made?
  • Tinners

Raleigh Road Ace. Shimano 600, 1987 two months wages (or something).

Nice one, Pegasus. Same here. Months of hard graft in a factory as a student to pay for it. I couldn’t believe how well it handled compared to my wine red Raleigh Clubman 12 (hardly a racer, mind). Years of memories – hill climbs and 10 mile time trials on hot summer evenings (I can’t remember much of the rainy days but there must have been a few). Mrs T reckons that my developing body was moulded around that bike (as she irons my bow legged jeans). It was my pride and joy. Recently got it fully restored and about to resurrect the old girl for a few rides….until something breaks and I can’t replace it. Just wish the roads were as quiet now as they were then.

andycs

Formula 3. It was a Tomahawk painted gold with Sturmy Archer 3 speed.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Wanna play? 😆

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnzjuqcFkt0[/video]

Always fancied a go on one – remember they had a pre-release model on display at the Malverns in the mid-nineties – tried to persuade my lads to have a demo but they were having none of it 🙁

7hz
    Free Member

I had a Grifter, they were cool and all…

But my heart belongs to the Tomahawk I had previous to it.

I can smell the duraglit from hours spent polishing those chrome mudguards, and the WD40 from hours of washing the grease out of the bearings 🙂

Think mine was metallic red. There was a bike / car shop at the bottom of my road, I used to zoom down there and marvel at the 15p sparkely stickers and go faster stripes!

haggis1978

i had a grifter and a super bomber. the grifter weighed 14 stone and was a hand me down from my sister that my old man had painted with hammerite 😆 the superbomber was pretty cool but if i wanted one now (and i do as was just checking them out on ebay) it would have to be a Super Burner the gold and black one, that is still an awesome machine today. Plus they’ve released a Ltd Edition new version of it 😯 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘What was the best bike Raleigh ever made?’ is closed to new replies.