Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What VW Camper Forum
  • grantyboy
    Free Member

Google turns up heaps as expected but what are the good ones???

Thanks!

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

what year you looking at ?

it its a VW T25/T3 then use http://forum.club8090.co.uk/index.php

lesgrandepotato

The late bay. (If you don’t have a cross dresser or a prototype)

duncancallum

T4 forum

Volkzone

db

What van would help. T4 forum for me… (I have a T4)

welshfarmer

T4 forum for me (I have a T5!). Though to be fair not much happens over there

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

T6 here, I’ve joined up to Californiaclub.
    To be honest I didn’t search around others but was finding that their forums were coming up with a lot of information as I was searching for it on Google, so seemed as good as any. Seen NZCol from here lurking their too.

andy8442
    Free Member

The T6forum and the T4Forum have some very knowledgable people on there, but the VWCalifornia forum is full of some very opinionated people,that would put some of the louder members on here to shame.

submarined
    Free Member
    VanHalen

the late bay for me! 🙂 (although it seems a bit naff)

hot_fiat

t4forum or the Vw t5 forum Uk stalkbook page.
    If you’ve a 180bitdi, this is full of great information: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vwcfca/

IHN

If you want answers to specific questions or issues, just Google it and it’ll be answered on one of them or other.

If you want bantz’n’lolz, I can’t help!

BadlyWiredDog

Apparently there’s a ‘women with camper vans’ group on FB which works well if you’re a woman with a camper van.

scuttler

Classic from VW California Club….

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/hello-from-the-yorkshire-dales.3680/

Probably lots of strong opinions because of the £45k entry fee….

Twodogs

I’m on the California club, but I’ve got a Cali. There are a few on there who are very very sure of themselves….and most of those are v pro-brexit and tell you at every opportunity (i suspect it’s an age thing).
    If you ignore that, it’s a good resource and not just for Calis

Kahurangi

I use a local faebook group. Still lots of knowledge when you need help I get relevant recommendations for auto electricians, bodyshops, and stuff for sale, etc.

NZCol

I do indeed use that Cali forum (i’ve had a Cali in various guises since 2006) and lordy me it makes this place look reasonable sometime. The thread linked above is indeed a classic, I get as much a laugh from some of the frothing as I do from the school WhatsApp group. How some people survive in life astounds me. They are also pretty opinionated BUT also a mega source of useful advice and the vans sold on there tend to be good ones.

R.lepecha

Early bay forum for me, because that’s what I’ve got. Absolutely no use if you’ve got a newer camper though!

The vast majority of the VW forums are getting quiet though, with everyone moving to Facebook groups and stuff. I’m not a fan of those groups; I think technical guides, useful answers and information gets swamped under posts talking about pointless stuff. There’s so much information which will be lost when the infrequently used forums close!

Twodogs

My current favorite on the Cali forum is a thread about a German company that decided, just before March 29th, that they wouldn’t ship to the UK anymore. The frothing on that wouldn’t look out of place on the Daily Mail website

P20

Registering an interest as we just bought a T6 for project!

grantyboy
    Free Member

thanks all, it’s a newer T5 or T6 I’m looking at. Still trying to work out all the different models and if I should buy a base van and convert or get a ready done van. This will be my 40th treat for myself and a daily driver

Pigface
    Free Member

Surfmatt is on the California site, that should be interesting.

phil5556

The busiest place is probably the T5 FoRum FB page. Once you sift through all the junk there is quite a lot of knowledge hidden in there.

You might feel you don’t fit in if you don’t lower your van though or if you actually want to use it as a camper and do things like use the kitchen in it.

Have a read of this if you’re still looking at what to get https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=78966#/topics/78966?page=30

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What VW Camper Forum’ is closed to new replies.