Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What Value Music/HeartRate Watch Tom Tom Spark? Reviews?
  • tom13
    Free Member

Looking for a cheap watch that I want to use to listen to music, GPS my rides and Track my fitness. What are my best options?

I like the Tom Tom Spark Music but I can’t see that it does Cardio, I think they do a music/Cardio version though? I have seen used they go for pretty cheap as well.

Are there any other options out there I should be looking at.

Cheers

DezB
    Free Member

I have seen used they go for pretty cheap as well

Good reason for that IME.

dovebiker

I have a Tom Tom Explorer – has optical HRM or will work with a chest strap, GPS and music. Fine as a basic tracker but I don’t like the fact that I can’t edit / categorise the sports i.e. there’s only one ‘cycling’ category whereas road/MTB would be far more sensible. Apart from that as a basic device it works well and I don’t have to deal with the ‘hell’ that is Garmin Connect. Other downside is Tom Tom straps are rubbish / stupidly expensive but replacements are cheap on eBay

DezB
    Free Member

My issue was when listening to music on the bike – it would cut out if stuck my arm out to signal!

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I have a basic Tom Tom spark.
    Mine doesn’t have music or cardio as I wanted mine purely as a tracking device.
    I’ve had mine two years and it has been a really good ,reliable tool for step tracking, logging runs and bike rides to Strava .
    Most of my running buddies have the Garmin 235 and my run distances are consistently with theirs.
    I decided not to get the one with music as I thought a dedicated music source would be better and the supplied headphones aren’t meant to be much good .I already have a wahoo tickr for cardio.
    Mine was £60 new via the tom Tom store.

geex
    Free Member

The tomtom multisport watch with BT HR strap etc. I’ve been using for years has been great.
    I did consider “upgrading” it to a music one when they came out but the storage isn’t really big enough so I just continue to use my phone, Spotify premium and bluetooth headphones separately

I’d only go for the music one if you don’t usually take your phone with you

Kuco

I had a TomTom spark 3 cardio that did music. Battery died on it within the year. Replaced it with the Spark 3 music. Got on alright with it but just before Christmas upgraded it to a Garmin Vivoactive 3 and not sure if TomTom still supports the watches?

The Garmin looks like a normal watch especially if you have a small wrist. Overall much prefer the Garmin, it locks onto GPS much quicker and the touch screen is nice. And once i’ve done an activity I just sync the Garmin connect app on the phone and it uploads the activity to Strava and another app I use.

I like music on my watch as I don’t take a phone with me if I go for a run or in the gym.

nash

I’ve had a TomTom Runner 2 with heart rate but no music for about 3 years and it’s been excellent. I was worried about the effect of the bluetooth on battery life so didn’t go for it. However, TomTom have left the wearables market, although they told me they’re going to carry on supporting the software – so there could be some bargains as retailers clear stock, but would be a bit of a gamble!

chrismac

I have the Tom Tom and there is a reason it’s cheap. Not impressed. Takes ages to find satellites and lock on for gps. The data transfer to phone is poor and slow and the app not much use. I will be switching to s Garmin once I have some spare cash

richmars

Never had a problem with GPS lock on mine, typically about 10 seconds.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What Value Music/HeartRate Watch Tom Tom Spark? Reviews?’ is closed to new replies.