Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What vacuum cleaner? Not for racing!
  • garethh
    Free Member

Okay so its a change from the what tyre thread!

I mainly use the cleaner for leisure purposes, i’m not into this all mountain or free ride stuff, flat surfaces only though do occasionally do the stairs. The types of terrain I clean are wooden floors and some carpet. Weight is not too much of an issue, but reliability is (thinking bagless) and i’ve previously used a dyson original. Anyone got any good suggestions and or good places for deals, i’ve heard there have been some price rises recently due to the exchange rate with the yen.

(This is a semi serious thread, I do actually need a new vacuum cleaner) any suggestions welcome,

Cheers,

Gareth

z1ppy

Miele cylinder*… we got the Cat and Dog to replace a dyson, I was skeptical about a bagged vaccum after the dyson, but the bag last for a good while considering (3 cat, 1 dog, 1 mtb’er and 1 horse rider).
    There mutiple head attachements to do specific jobs, cleaning our stairs used to be a major chore, it’s now very easy with the right tool.

Can’t recommend the Miele enough – I know very sad….

* = upright is a major weight! G/f reckon she wouldn’t be able to carry it up the stairs

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Henry.

THREAD CLOSED.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Anthony
    Free Member

Henry.

Man’s hoover is that. We’ve had ours 5 years and my old man has one nearly 20yrs old and still as good as new. Bags are about £7 for 20 (delivered) off Ebay and hold loads.

Will suck up c-cell battery’s without you noticing.

nickc

Not Henry, Sebo

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Miele. Avoid Dyson.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Sebo, my dyson is in the loft, see the random picture thread 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Miele if you want to take it to a car park so that others can admire it.

But other than that, if you just want a vacuum cleaner that does the job properly, get a Henry.

cinnamon_girl

Another vote for Miele and they aren’t expensive. Very reliable manufacturer and I’m a picky bird!

funkynick

I don’t know what people have against Dysons, mine original one is over 11 years old and still going strong…

muddyfoxcourier
    Free Member

We have an original Vax orange cylinder thing.Doubles as a wet vac.
    It’s a bit battered now , but with a new filter in it’ll lift the laminate flooring….

Hang on .Am I replying to a ‘what vacuum cleaner thread’…….

cinnamon_girl

Could be a “what washing machine” thread!! Seem to remember replying to one a while ago … well, us girlies know about that sort of stuff!

takisawa2

Bissel upright one with the lift-out middle.
    Its excellent.

Earl
    Free Member

Slight hijack – Wet and Dry vacs

Dry – do they perform as well as dry only vacs?
    Wet – can you use them to suck water out of carpets. How dry does it leave the carpet?

colnagokid

Dyson “animal” here, picks Jim;s up and he’s a hairy fuc#ker even tho hes a greyhound! Just little short hairs-milions ov em!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Miele cylinder*… we got the Cat and Dog to replace a dyson

Exactly the same here. I was never a fan of cylinders but the Meile (Cat and Dog) is frankly brilliant. So much better than a bleedin Dyson.

stealthcat

If anyone in the house has long hair, avoid Dysons like the plague. It used to take as long to remove hair from the rollers as it did to vacuum the whole flat. And they aren’t great if you do lots of DIY either…

Henry is a far better option, but we have had problems with the bags splitting if you aren’t careful putting them in.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I don’t know what people have against Dysons

Faddy poncy plastic junk. All sorts of plasticky bits that break off really easily. And then cost £87.58 plus P+P, for a little piece of plastic. I’ve seen Henries bounce down concrete stairs and still work perfectly. I clonked a Dyson into a bit of skirting board, and the front of the roller housing fell off! **** thing.

A Henry I was once using caught fire (inadvertantly sucked up a lit fag-end). Had to put it out with a fire stinguisher. Bit of burnt plastic, but the bugger still worked fine!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Henry. He works hard and he smiles at you. What more do you want?

AndyP
    Free Member

Miele. Avoid Dyson.
    +1. Dysons are the greatest crock of sh1t ever invented.
    Although I am quite impressed by the fact that the bloke is a squillionaire simply by selling stuff that doesn’t work.

z1ppy

I think the whole dyson thing went downhill when he moved production to the east asian(?), as everyone extolling there virtues had an old one (including me)

IHN

Well, I’ll add to the “what’s wrong with Dysons” debate. Mine’s seven years old and works brilliantly.

I think there’s a smidge of the good old British habit/pathetic trait of ‘look at him, he’s successful, we can’t be having that’ about Dyson.

wwaswas

Miele.

Had nothing but problems with a Dyson.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What vacuum cleaner? Not for racing!’ is closed to new replies.