Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • What UK Time is Jensie Doing The Hour?
  • chris_db
    Free Member

As the title, anyone?

Chris

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Trek to Live Stream Jens Voigt’s Hour Record Attempt

Many online time zone converters are available. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

If it is any help CDT is 5 hours behind Coordinated Universal Time

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀 @ Junky!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

🙂

Eurosport UK are showing it live from 17:30 – 19:15.

icarus
    Free Member

Watched the race on Eurosport this afternoon and they said he starts at 6oclock UK time,should be great,will he do it do we reckon,and who will be next to try?

mefty
    Free Member

The more important question is what hour record is he doing. He is doing it with tri/time trial bars so its not the athletes’ record – is he trying to beat Tony Rominger (credit to Vaughters for pointing this out)

nealglover
    Free Member

Eurosport UK are showing it live from 17:30 – 19:15.

Surely taking 1hr 45mins is cheating :mrgreen:

Tracker1972
    Free Member

So is it Steephill to watch it if you don’t have Eurosport in the UK?

bikebouy
    Free Member

We’ve got mates coming round, beers and I guess we’ll crack open another bottle of Swedish Whiskey, phffft.

samuri
    Free Member

recorder is already set but I’ll hopefully be watching it.

pedalhead
    Free Member
    mefty
    Free Member

Ah so Rominger is out because of a slightly small front wheel, well that made 5km of difference – what a bugger’s muddle but at least the rules are clear for the moment.

shaggy

I really hope he smashes it but I’m quite surprised that people are excited about watching it on TV.

edhornby

romingers front wheel made the track come alive 🙂

I reckon Jens will set a new record, sosenka’s record was set a good few years ago on an antwacky bike and the technology available to the training processes are just as much of a benefit as the aero frame and wheels

turboferret

https://www.youtube.com/embed/wjjM2tI6THs

That may or may not work depending on where in the world you are as it is apparently restricted to US viewing.

Cheers, Rich

nemesis
    Free Member

It’s on the UCI website/channel IIRC

chandd_t9

There’s no mention of it on the UCI site at the moment which seems strange. Anyone know of any other free way of streaming this in the UK (don’t have eurosport)?

Markie
    Free Member

The Trek website says it’s doing it live?

http://www.trekbikes.com/hour_record/

Nvm. Not available in UK.

nemesis
    Free Member
    aracer
    Free Member

I’ve tried it via a few proxies and getting the same result – I think it might be that it’s just not working at the moment (for obvious reasons).

Edit: actually belay that, I’m getting “This video cannot be displayed.” with some proxies, which appears different to “The uploader has not made this video available in your country.” So I suspect a Proxy might be all that’s needed (the free web ones work fine with other UCI content).

marmaduke
    Free Member
    turboferret

the link which nemesis has posted works for me, although my work will route all traffic through a US IP, so maybe that’s why.

Cheers, Rich

aracer
    Free Member

turboferret – do you actually get something which plays, rather than “This video cannot be displayed.”?

turboferret

This is what I get with that feed:

Cheers, Rich

aracer
    Free Member

OK, thanks, I’ll see if I can get a proxy to do that…

aracer
    Free Member

Hmm, still not getting that, despite a checker saying I’m in the US, and I’ve logged out of google and turned off plugins so it can’t get my real IP address that way. Is youtube doing something with cookies?

I’m downloading Firefox (should probably have turned off my US proxy for that 🙄 ) to see if a fresh install helps.

aracer
    Free Member

Nope, a clean fresh install of Firefox running a proxy so the checker thinks I’m in the US and it still doesn’t work. Though youtube still comes up with the country as UK, so I’m not sure where it’s getting that from. I wonder if I can be bothered looking with Fiddler…

turboferret

Despite the fact that it’s working now while at work, as soon as I head back to my hotel I’m sure it’ll stop, as I’m actually in India….I’ll report back and see what happens.

Cheers, Rich

rusty90
    Free Member

Some news from Jen’s team :

Jens aims to be the first person to take the hour record in under 55 minutes.

Jens has reconnoitered the course and plans to break away at the first corner.

Jen’s biggest worry is that he’ll lap himself and be eliminated.

I’m sure there are plenty more where they came from 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

He’ll be mighty on the climbs.

turboferret

Even now my IP thinks that I’m in Chennai (although I’m not!), the YouTube feed is working for me.

Cheers, Rich

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I’m sure there are plenty more where they came from

I liked …

1 hour. Enough time for Jens to ride to the moon and back.

That Velonews article is very good up there somewhere … thanks for posting Phead.

After reading Merckx’s view at the end of the article.

How many times do you think Jens will ask himself … Can I go faster? Should I go slower? Can I go faster? Should I go slower?

AlexSimon

Can’t decide whether I’m excited or not – I’ve got the audio on in the background.

AlexSimon

I’m just using one of the streams from here btw:
    http://www.cyclingfans.com/hour-record/live

The audio is out of sync unfortunately, but it doesn’t matter for me as I’m just listening.

weeksy

How did it go ? forgot to record it.

llama

he got it

Legend

Shame he’s not likely to have it for long

nedrapier

Harldy matters that he might not keep it for long.

Seems to me that he’s treated this in the same way he approaches everything else – analyses the landscape, identifies where things can work in his favour and grabs those opportunities.

Doesn’t matter that the breakaway will get caught, or that he’ll only have the jersey for a day, or someone will beat his record sooner or later.

He found his opportunities, grabbed them with both hands and left his mark.

Chapeau. (/Hut).

ac282

Great ride by Jens.

I’m still not sure what was wrong with Boardman’s ’93 ride though. (He was over 52 km).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘What UK Time is Jensie Doing The Hour?’ is closed to new replies.