what tyres you running on your Soul's ? :)

Home Forum Bike Forum what tyres you running on your Soul's ? :)

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • what tyres you running on your Soul's ? :)
  • fatgit

Hi
    Bontrager FR3 on the front and 2.4 Racing Ralph rear
    Cheers
    Steve

Premier Icon Vortexracing
    Subscriber

either

High Roller 2.35 front and Ardent 2.25 on the rear
    or

2.2 purgatory front and rear
    or

2.1 Racing Ralph on the rear and 2.25 Rocket Ron on the front

or

2.0 Dirty Dan front and rear

🙄

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

thanks. I google imaged Orange Soul’s earlier and saw yours Vortex 🙂

Glad now i specced black cranks !

fizzicist

Bonty XR4 2.35″ rear and Bonty Big Earl 2.5″ Front.

Not the fastest but suit the bike nicely, Ardents are supposed to be decent.

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

Just taken off 2.1in Highrollers (well and truely shagged, esp. the rear, which had chunks of knobs missing)

Just put on 2.35in Nobby Nic Evo Snakeskin (1 new, 1 lightly used)

Will change again before trip somewhere rocky or slightly more hardcore than local trails, but can’t decide what to yet (Maxxis again? Hans Dampf? Spesh?)

Rubber Queen 2.2 BC UST. Great tyres! Might put the X-King 2.4 Protection back on the back if the dry weather continues and I can be bothered…

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

build spec just about sorted, do I go with 2.1 Nevgals or 2.3 Rampages, or buy some new ones in between ?

Brown

Exactly the same ones I’d put on any other bike I owned? (Road bike excepted. That would be silly.)

timnwild

I like my Dirty Dan 2.0s front and rear. Bu thinking about big Advantages for Spain trip next week.

chives

2.25″ Racing Ralph Snakeskin (tubeless set up on hope hoops) Gatestar compound on both ends.

Klunk

biggest I’ve run on the back is nevegal 2.35, though they did rub on the mech under load when in granny… and I run a “tighter” chainline. Go incentive to keep out off granny an push a bigger gear.

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

excellent, will stick with 2.3 Rampages as it sounds like they will fit ok, and save myself some dosh for now

Premier Icon mobes
    Subscriber

Highrollers in the damp months and charge splashbacks when it dries up

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Ralph 2.25 back, Captain 2.2 front currently.

Premier Icon Scapegoat
    Subscriber

2.25 Nic Snakeskins on Arch EX, tubeless.

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

thanks for all the feedback. Will try with my Rampages as getting more skint by the hr 😆

What rims you using ? I have gone for crests on Pro 2 hubs. 12.5 stone out of the shower on a good day and not one for getting in the air if I can avoid it – natural scottish stuff mainly, odd trail centre when weather crap

cynic-al

I’d consider your terrain and riding style, and previous preferences.

Just a thought like 😛

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

al – have you been watching my feeble riding ?

hh45

2.25 Nobby Nics, front and rear, almost 2 yrs now. Run tubeless on Crests.

Just ordered a pair of 2.2 Mountain King and Race King as replacements as NN do have a habit of getting cut up on flints and hoping that the Continentals will be a bit better.

matther01

Spank oozy evo’s seem to be getting good write ups.1650 weight but built more like enduro wheels for £350

matther01

Oops…double post

BearBack

2.2 Trail King (rubber queen) BC tubeless on my EX1750’s for ride hard duties or when I loan it to my 15st riding buddy,
    2.4 MK2 protection on Tricon 1550 for ride slighly less hard duties.

Spesh purgatory 2.2 front and rear. Excellent all round tyre for natural type trails, reasonably priced and tubeless ready. Win win.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘what tyres you running on your Soul's ? :)’ is closed to new replies.