Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • what tyres ……T5
  • CheesybeanZ

Its time for some new rubber , what are you running and how do you rate them for noise, wear and grip ?

kristoff
    Free Member

In what size? Is your van on standard steels? Alloys?

sing1etrack

Falken ZE912s are proving decent for me and were good value – on a car mind, not a van. Grip = good in both wet and dry, noise = not much, wear = had them on since June – seem OK but only time will tell.

singlecrack
    Free Member

If you can afford it ….. Michelins

CheesybeanZ

Kristoff , alloys with 245/45/18 .

kristoff
    Free Member

I’ve got budget acceleras on my 19s.

Quieter than the original commercial tyres and comfier.

Dry weather grip is fine, wet weather seems ok so far (I do drive like miss daisy most of the time though).

griptool
    Free Member

I am running continental vanco eco got them for 110 quid fitted — I get 50k ish out of them. (Won’t change them till I see the braid lol)

steveh

Conti vancos are second to none for grip and road holding.

mboy
    Free Member

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s315p0/Car_Tyres_-_MPV_Tyres_-_People_Carrier_Tyres_-_18_inch_R18_inch_-_245_45_18_245_45R18

Of those that are in stock, I’ve used a few in the past, the Avon ZZ3’s are pretty good and the cheapest I could recommend (everything below that is Chinese plastic). You’ll need XL load rating though I’m pretty certain for a van, so be aware before buying (some aren’t, though a lot on that list are XL). Up from the Avon’s the Falken’s are a very good tyre, and the Vredesteins, beyond that you’re into premium tyre money.

The Nexen’s and Nankangs may be cheap, but they’re cheap for a reason!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Avoid event tyres at all costs. Had them on my van and actually got them swapped for free after two weeks as they were dangerous in the wet! Clue was in the name as every pissing drive had an “event”
    Vredestein sessantas are awesome btw. Had them on the scoob and now put 225/45/18 xl on the Mazda. Three wheel grip in the scoob 😉
    Vreds

rickmeister

Used to be buying Nexen at that size, from the VW dealer, £100 a corner and correct load rating….

There was a T5 on the VW T5 forum with BF Goodridge all terrain tyres, looked awesome and the tyres were lasting really well. Was on steelies though…

oxym0r0n

+1 acceleras on 20s – a lot more comfy than previous tyres and plenty of grip, but they are quite wide!

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I have 235/50/18 Falken ZE912 on my Sportlines. Grip and noise are good but they only do around 20k miles before needing replacement. They used to be very cheap for what they are but creeping up, £105 a corner last time, might look for something different next time but it’s pretty difficult getting good 101 load rated tyres in big sizes.

Crell
    Free Member

Conti vancos are however useless on wet grass, mud and any snow.

CheesybeanZ

The Ovation Vi 388 that were fitted when we bought the van have lasted 18 mths and 12k ! Average grip and noisy and thats with steady driving . I saw the BF all terrains on the T5 forum . I’ll read up on the other recommendations and yup need xl ratting with a camper .

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Think I’d go Michelin for my next set and take the financial hit to try and get more mileage. Just looking at cam skill tyres, you can’t get Conti Vanco in 18″.

Problem being most 18″ tyres are heavy duty car tyres not van specific so they trade longevity for grip, you don’t really need the extra grip on a van but because the van is heavy they wear pretty quickly.

I reckon I’ve done well to get 18-20k to a set, weirdly mine goes through rears quicker than fronts even with 180bhp on tap!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘what tyres ……T5’ is closed to new replies.