Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What tyres – really – One off event
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Doing the 100k London to Brighton BHF thing I’m not sure I want to be using rubber queens for that, any ideas for something cheap I can use instead.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

It’s all on road, no? I’m sure somewhere like Halfords will sell you a cheap pair of 26″ slicks.

toxicsoks
    Free Member
    brakes
    Free Member

on road, off road, the one in the dark? two of those have already happened this year, only the off road one left in September and that’s 120km.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yeah the 75 miler, off road. Was thinking the cheap speed or race kings.

richmtb

Cheap wire Contis would be a good shout

What are the cheap Racing Ralphs?

Is it Rapid Rob’s? Contis are probably still cheaper for a single event though

brakes
    Free Member

we should do a STW roll-call for this – there seem to be a few of us doing it. any idea how many people do it altogether?
    I’m just going for a hard tyres rather than new tyres. Nobby Nic/ Racing Ralphs at 40-45 psi. I’ve also got a cheap Michelin Wild Race’r that I picked up for £15 that I can use if either of those wear out before the day or if the Nobby Nic might be a bit too knobbly.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’m doing it with 2 others I can’t imagine the turnout will be massive after all it’s prolly hard, not like mincing around for 100 miles on a road bike with 10000 other lycra clad nightmares.

brakes
    Free Member

Haha! I’m doing that one too!

stimpy
    Free Member

It’s not a hard ride and last year they had literally hundreds of riders for the off road ride. Not doing it this year because last year’s ride was more like a procession than a ride. No technical elements at all and most of it is on the Downs Link which is as flat as a pancake. Cheapo Race Kings will be fine.

stimpy
    Free Member

Semi slicks (furious freds) also good. Plenty of CX bikes will be doing it too. Last year I saw someone do the off road ride on a shopper with a basket on the front FFS.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What tyres – really – One off event’ is closed to new replies.