Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What tyres for … making progress with 350 bhp when all other options fail
  • welshfarmer

Probably not a set of 195 Firestone road tyres from the local Kwik Fit 🙂

He does well to keep it on the black stuff to be fair, despite a few close calls and spins. The man is a proper legend. If you haven’t watched his videos on Youtube and like a bit of rallying I can highly recommend. Drive her straight sideways Frank

Northwind

“Aw, dang” is not how I would have put it 🙂 Genuinely crazy skills, especially considering how much money must be in that car. Thanks for sharing it!

TheDTs
    Free Member

We fit the graphics onto some of the tyre company trailers that go to many of the UK motorsport events. Some of them are refrigerated so that the active ingredients in the tyres don’t go off. They have a cashier office at the front of the trailer so the team Rock up with their rims hand over the £ and get the tyres fitted at the back. I don’t think there will be many businesses making more money out of motorsport.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    maxtorque

It’s actually pretty easy driving a car on the wrong tyres where there isn’t much grip ime! Far harder in rallying terms is driving a car which grips like **** to a blanket, right up till the point it, er, doesn’t.

I turned an £50k car into a ball of scrap in about 5 seconds due to such an issue at Epynt many years ago……………

Northwind

I was more thinking about how destroyed they were by the end- not far from just letting go completely

TheDTs
    Free Member

Naahh there’s another few thousand on them, just go steady.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Remoulds….

welshfarmer

[strong][/strong] wrote:

I turned an £50k car into a ball of scrap in about 5 seconds due to such an issue at Epynt many years ago……………

That wasn’t you driving the Group B Nissan 240 RS course car that stuffed itself under a tree on Fourways Bridge back in the mid 80’s was it? If so, I was there when it happened

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What tyres for … making progress with 350 bhp when all other options fail’ is closed to new replies.