Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What tyres for Glentress
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I did half of the black (AND Brown Trout) on semi slicks on Sunday and got round fine…made me think:

Why on earth do folk ask what tyres to use there?

Anyone ridden it on on slicks?

grumm
    Free Member

Wow you're my hero. :swoon:

peachos
    Free Member

you can fanny around anywhere on any tyres, if that's what you want.

tracknicko
    Free Member

cant have been pushing it then eh?

radoggair
    Free Member

half the black – so you climbed to the mast using slicks. Hardly an achievement. I could probably do that on a bmx

jimmy

My full suss was out of action once and I only had mud tyres on the hardtail (in summer!!!!) so I took my road bike. Turned out my pals just wanted to ride freeride park all day so I went with it and nailed the big drops, wall ride and grabbed some big air. Everyone was whooping and stuff but i was like "Meh".

cynic-al
    Free Member

I'm genuinely not bragging, OK I wasn't pushing it and I'm no Mike Klugge, but I don't see how the surface requires particularly good tyres, even in the wet!

PJ266
    Free Member

Because people are idiots? never in my 6 years of mountain biking have I changed tyres for the conditions or trail. Too much money and faffing than im willing to put up with.

soobalias
    Free Member

i cant cope on the black on slicks with on a freewheel.

but fixed is ok, because you feel so much more connected. drop bars and rigid, im usually seen overtaking the body armour clad weekend warriors.

stuartm555
    Free Member

I rode SnL with no rear brake on Sunday … but then I'm straight out of PG!

tracknicko
    Free Member

think PJ has it…

never change my tyres until i can see the tube poking out through the old carcass…

cynic-al
    Free Member

SOOB you frikin RAWK – those trails in Wycombe are teh METNALS

jimmy

I agree. I have 2 tyres, they work off road. Sometimes on road if necessary. I hope they never wear out, but they will.

soobalias
    Free Member

you nose it.

for the last few chilterns alps uplift days, ive been rocking my handbuilt 64er (36" front wheel, 24" rear) but with solid tyres. no more pinch flats, no more slow thorn punctures and no tubeless faffage.

next stage is either to practise my Ti welding and redo the frame a bit more bling, or go back to the drawing board and pitch for the direct front wheel drive option.

anyhow when the eggland trails get a bit worn in, perhaps i will grace you with my presents.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What tyres for Glentress’ is closed to new replies.