Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • what tyres for… cx bikes?
  • rp16v
    Free Member

im in need of some new tyres for the cross bike as have my first cross race next weekend my speedkings are great for hardpack trails/paths and the back is on its way out anyway, dont have to worry to much about road use as i have a second wheel set rigged up for that

so what do the stw massive have to offer??

coopersport1
    Free Member

I raced on Maxxis Raze today apart from my own incompetence the tyres were pretty good, better than the paper thin ralphs I had on before. Fast rolling centre with good grippy sides, shed mud well too

benji
    Free Member

I’ve got on well with the racing ralphs, they are thin, but no punctures or ripped sidewalls so far.

coopersport1
    Free Member

Probably better with tubes I was running tubeless and failed on first ride, I was in some quite rocky ST though so maybe didn’t give them a fair shout

vdubber67
    Free Member

Tubs 🙂

rp16v
    Free Member

anyone tried x kings (35 flavour) iv been offerd some at a fair price

cat69uk
    Free Member

Good write up on a few clinchers. Fancy the Clement myself with latex tubes.
    http://cyclophiliac.com/best-clincher-cyclocross-tires-guide/

eddie11
    Free Member

clement pdx

toppers3933
    Free Member

Been stocking the clement tyres for a few months and am getting pretty good feedback from people. The mxp and pdx. I’m using the las on my fortitude at the moment for general road and canal toe paths and like it. Seems to be holding up well.

puddings
    Free Member

Challenge Open Grifo

somafunk

i can heartily recommend the Clements, i’ve got the Strada LGG 120tpi in 28mm for road duties and they’re very fast, very grippy as the recent downpours on baked dry roads left a very slick surface to ride on and the LGG has chevrons on the edge using a softer compound that have prob saved me hitting the deck a few times now, i have felt the front end sliding away but it soon grips and i start to breath again.

For offroad duties i have the Xplor-Mso 120tpi in 40mm and they are ace for heading out with the mindset “head for the hills”, cope very well with fireroads,greasy grass and they cope well with rocky surfaces, not had much of a chance to try them out on mud yet but i guess the PDX Clincher would be the tyre of choice for those conditions.

I don’t race cross so can’t comment regarding that but they’re fitted to my Kinesis Tripster ATR and i ride that everywhere i would take my Hummer.

samuri
    Free Member

If it’s not muddy then any old tyre will do.
    if it’s been wet in the last few days then I like the continental CX tyres

richpips
    Free Member

Maxxis Mud Wrestler 33mm.

Roll nicely on the tarmac, grippy on the mud and rocks.

Sidewalls aren’t made from clingfilm.

My current all rounder and my three peaks tyre for next week.

tomd
    Free Member

Did a race on Maxxis Razes today. Quite mixed / sloppy conditions and they were fine. Descent centre strip means they’re actually pretty good on hard surfaces too. Nice and rounded with good nobble coverage so quite predictable in the slop and seem to clear and grip.

crush83
    Free Member

Schwalbe CX Comp

Nipper99
    Free Member

Anyone used the Kenda Slant 6. Have SB8s at the moment but after something for the winter slime.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘what tyres for… cx bikes?’ is closed to new replies.