Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What tyres for 169mph?
  • kayak23

Ok, he didn’t pedal up to that but still…

intheborders
    Free Member

On an autobahn years ago, after 15 miles flat out out I thought came into my head, just how long had Bridgestone tested their BT56’s for, at over 170mph…

JAG

how long had Bridgestone tested their BT56’s for, at over 170mph

Weeks and weeks at the maximum load rating! It’s a simple enough test to run on a dynamometer for as many miles as you want. For something like a load and speed rating (safety critical and major consequences for a catastrophic failure) they will test and test – probably to destruction.

Back to the OP – interesting test/experiment but why? What did it prove? I’m not sure :o)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thols2

icyseanfitz
    Free Member

imagine if the power of the motorbike pulled the steerer through the headtube, or a puncture, mad **** 😀

ta11pau1

You’d think they would come up with a better system than a sodding rope wrapped around the bar… 😲

Also a finger on the brakes at 150mph+. Like that’s going to do anything if you pull them 🤣

andrewh
    Free Member

You’d think they would come up with a better system than a sodding rope wrapped around the bar… 😲

It looked intentionally insecure, basically just holding on to it and could let go if it all started going wrong

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Really offends me that he does such a shonky job of doing a centralised self equalising hitch. My 6 year old kid managed it fine.

kayak23

I would have thought the main danger would be getting on an almighty tank slapper, what with relatively spindly mtb components and no steering damper.

Quite a long stem on it too and it does start to wobble a bit. 😳

sirromj

What did it prove?

Mountain bikes are better more fun than road bikes!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.