Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What Tyres are best for a mix of XC and road?
  • pedrowheels
    Free Member

What tyres suit road and xc?

BigDummy
    Free Member

I had a lot of success with Kenda Cortez last year. Nice big tyre, but reasonably low-profile knobs. It was fast and tolerably grippy in the dirt as long as it wasn’t silly wet, and reasonably swift and not too squirmy on hard surfaces. Woolly Hat Shop also let themgo for very little on their ebay shop, which was nice.

But there’s always a balance. I ahve descended The Beast on 32mm slicks. Just quite slowly, and with some mincing. Those tyres are wonderful on the road…

😀

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Maxxis Larsens, or High Roller Semi-Slick?

Intense System 4’s?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have maxxis crossmark 2.1″ – centre line is harder rubber and therefore wears less – fastish rolling – I use it as I cycle 6 ish miles to trails near me and it is does not wear that fast. Good mud gripe etc. Woudld not use for miles on road etc would get a slick or hybrid. Use is as a proper off road tyre that will roll ok on the road and not wear to fast.

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/?fn=product&productId=1613&categoryId=154

pedrowheels
    Free Member

Cheers I’ll have a look at the suggested tyres – Any more suggestions welcome

Offroading
    Free Member

I’ve found racing ralphs pritty decent actually as i ride on the roads too the trails. They cope with Ice well too as i found out last week.

stumpy01

Are you talking about a wear point of view of a low rolling resistance?

I find that Panaracer Fire XCs are good for on and off road, not too draggy on road and last for a fair while.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What Tyres are best for a mix of XC and road?’ is closed to new replies.