Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • What Type of Boat is this?
  • big-chief-96
    Free Member

http://www.beneteau.com/Barcos-de-motor/Flyer/Flyer-850-Sun-Deck

(For some reason I can’t turn the site into English which I usually can with no problems…)

I would call this type of boat a Play Boat or a Motor Launch etc. but when I Google either I can’t seem to get similar types of boat. Any ideas on what/where to look at to find more?

cheers

carbon337
    Free Member

A crap one… Its a Ben-e-tub

b1galus
    Free Member

power boat or cruiser

Edric64
    Free Member

A toy one

donsimon
    Free Member

Did you download the brochure that has bits written in English?

sambob
    Free Member

Day Cruiser? What ever it is it’s fairly hideous 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

Would sunbridge cruiser mean anything?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Day cruiser.

And an ugly one as well.

Macavity
    Free Member

barcos de motor = motorboat

what is the question?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Its a Flyer 850 Sun Deck.

carbon337
    Free Member

42k plus vat

You could get a new one of these for that:

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Cruiser, play boat, good for nothing really other than whizzing around on water for the reasonably well off.

Bayliner in the UK do something similar, but there are plenty of others to chose from in that category.

peterfile
    Free Member

Go to Loch Lomond when the sun peeps out at the weekend for more than 30 seconds.

You’ll see lots of those being ragged about by men in Oakley sunglasses and polo shirts, desperately trying to shrug off their working class Glasgow roots 🙂

(real mariners sail 😉 )

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And for 10k less, you could have this;

Dual fuel conversion. Tower, with sound (no lights sadly). Hmmm. Nice.

Although I’d really like a Nautique Super Air 230. And a Merlin Rocket. And a Stone’s built Salcombe Yawl. And Maltese Falcon. And a J-Class. Any of them. Oh, and a big sail cat.

Kuco

Power boats imo are fun for 10 minutes then get boring very quickly.

Though sailing does look more interesting.

sambob
    Free Member

Sailing doesn’t really get boring as you’re always doing something, much prettier too. As Flashy says, Yawls and Merlins ftw. There in 4 weeks 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As Flashy says, Yawls and Merlins ftw. There in 4 weeks

Give my regards to Millbay. 🙂

And the Fightescue.
    And the Ferry.
    And the ice cream.
    And Stones.

*Smiles wistfully at happy memories. I remember when there were chandleries, not champagne bars.*

sambob
    Free Member

3 weeks in EP, keep the boats on Mill Bay. The area seems to have stayed pretty similar for the last few years, other than the price of houses. Is the riding as minimal as it looks? Coast path looks alright as far as Gara Rock, then gets too high and narrow for my liking…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

other than the price of houses.

If only we’d kept the family haunt down there. Would be worth a truly scary amount now! I hardly ever go back now. It’s changed too much for me. Makes me really sad. 🙁 I miss the way it was. The closest I can get to that now is to stay with friends on the Helford down in Cornwall. It’s got the quiet, relaxed, sailing focus that Salcombe used to be about. Oddly, even though their neighbours include that drummer fella from Queen (Among others. Rather odd to cook mackerel on the bbq, look up as you serve it to one of the neighbours and see him there, as I did a few summers ago!) there isn’t the influence of the money on the place as much as there is in Salcombe. The Helford still feels like a place to sail, fish, swim and relax.

The riding is indeed minimal. You can take the coast path (Even though it’s “cheeky” in the STW parlance) as far as Gara, but as you say, beyond there it gets a little bit rubbish. To be honest, leave the bikes. Embrace the boats.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

That’s crap, you need one like Mine Games at least…

My yacht (I wish) by jimmyg352, on Flickr

sambob
    Free Member

Will be taking the bikes for some Dartmoor stuff, but boats are the main focus. Seems to be getting very Chelsea-on-Sea now, a bit like the Abersoch of the south, which is a shame. Hard to beat chugging up to the Millbrook or the Globe for the evening though, with no wind and still sunny and warm. I want a launch of some sort for such journeys, especially if it’s steam. The sound of the lifeboat going out is pretty awesome, especially when they release 1000hp over The Bar.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hard to beat chugging up to the Millbrook or the Globe for the evening though, with no wind and still sunny and warm. I want a launch of some sort for such journeys, especially if it’s steam. The sound of the lifeboat going out is pretty awesome, especially when they release 1000hp over The Bar.

I’m welling up here. So many happy memories!
    My family funded the RNLI very heavily, mainly through collecting money for boat passes on the beach.
    Listening to them going out, I remember every time the maroon went up thinking, “For those in peril on the sea!”

And then, the Millbrook……

I remember gunning back from there late one night, on flat water, with a Mercury 75 at full chat and having the Harbour Master pull me over for a chat…..! Got away with it. 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

Boat ID Hijack…

Whats this boat ?

Severn Trow ? by SGMTB, on Flickr

PS I dont reckon it’s a Severn Trow.

PS Grandfather, Great and Great Great were Lifeboat men at Weston Super Mare. I’ve some great phots, off to dig them out.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Wehey , melges 24`!!

sambob
    Free Member

Harbour Master doesn’t really seem bothered after about Half 7, or seems to leave Southpool Creek alone, rarely see them floating about after about 7. No Maroons anymore, I was gutted when I found out. Makes more sense to use them IMO, people then know they’ll need to get out of the way at some point. The view from the cottage we stay in isn’t waterside, but sitting up at the car park in EP on a summer evening isn’t far off perfection.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mine was after 2200. With only a Maglite held in my hand to light the way (Removing a hand from the throttle… 😳 )

For a view, the terrace at the family pile in EP, after the grockles had gone home, was beyond compare. Looking down the estuary, just beautiful. I miss it so much. 🙁

sambob
    Free Member

Well that’s a bit silly… Some of the boats down there are mental. A RIB with 2x300hp engines is a bit OTT, sounds fairly cool though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I was a bit silly back then. In my salad days, when I was green in judgement.

Twin 300s is just showing off. If I was there now, my boathouse (We had one, on the beach) would be the following;

A Laser. Classic plaything.
    A Topper. Best learner boat. EVER!
    A Dory of some description. Land Rovers of the estuary. Workhorses, not glamorous, but to be used as a “car” to get around the estuary and to do the shopping, etc.
    A Stone built Yawl. Obvious, really.
    A F16 Catamaran. FUN!
    A Super Air or similar wakeboard plaything for those rare days when the water beyond The Bar and Wolf Rock was calm enough.
    Oh, and then this, moored somewhere up by the ICC.

matt_outandabout

mmmmm, J class? Lovely.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

She’s truly beautiful, isn’t she?

sambob
    Free Member

Mine wouldn’t be too different, probably:
    Laser
    Pico
    Laser Bahia or similar
    Soling – rolls a bit but impossible to capsize
    one of those orange dories for getting around, great boats.
    A Sweden 42 moored up somewhere, just for being subtly extravagant, 300k a pop 😯

CountZero

CF, that’s a truly beautiful boat! By EP, d’you mean East Prawle?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Portlemouth, not Prawle, for me!

argoose
    Free Member

Fishing boat 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

These, X One Design. I’m currently in X118…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Miss this…

elzorillo
    Free Member

What a beautiful boat.

elzorillo
    Free Member

I’ve windsurfed for years.. Often whilst taking a break I’d sit and watch the sailing.. ‘God awful boring pastime’ I would always think.. Then the club threatened to take my boatpark space away as I didnt have a boat, so I bought one.

I should never have decided to have a go in it. It really is the most fun you can have on the water. When the wind is blowing, the buzz is equal to anything I’ve ever experienced MTBing.

Absolutely love it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Tacking up to the Rock, past E Portlemouth…

sambob
    Free Member

I meant Portlemouth rather than Prawle, but Prawle does have the shop and the pub, which may be why Portlemouth is very quiet in the evenings, even during summer.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘What Type of Boat is this?’ is closed to new replies.