What TV show would YOU bring back?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 148 total)
  • What TV show would YOU bring back?
  • bombjack

Quantum leap.
    Bloody loved that show.

P-Jay

It’s time for ‘The Wire’ to have another series.

My Name is Early because the characters were great.

I would say ‘Deadwood’ but they did with a TV Movie tying up the old series from 10 years ago, for whatever reason I couldn’t get into it.

All the old fishing programmes, even though I’ve not fished for years.

Jossies giants
    Stookie
    Scully
    Bullseye
    Supergran
    Tales of the unexpected
    The twighlight zone

Premier Icon BigJohn
    Subscriber

The Golden Shot

I apologetically admit that when my phone rings I have a tendency to say “Who’s calling the Golden Shot? Bernie, the bolt please. Up a bit, left a bit.”

Premier Icon BigJohn
    Subscriber

Pro-Celebrity Boxing. I’d love to see Tyson Fury v Ann Widdicombe.

Premier Icon FuzzyWuzzy
    Subscriber

I’d like a version of the West Wing but based on the Trump administration

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Knightmare

I met Hugo Myatt not so long ago. Lovely guy.

In a Q&A after an interview I got up and asked if Treguard would DISMISS me from the room, he obliged with full on eye-rolling and overacting. Made my inner 14 year old very happy indeed.

Premier Icon cb
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

You’re welcome. (-:

3-2-1 – because the clues were just sooooo obscure.

Even as a kid, I always wondered about this – whether the clues were deliberately obtuse so that they could manipulate the outcome.

Week 1: “well, it says use your mettle, and what else is made out of metal? That’s right, it’s the car!”

Week 2: “well, it says use your mettle, and what else is made out of metal? That’s right, it’s Dusty Bin!”

I suspected there was a bit of Hobson’s Choice going on. Even when the clues led you somewhere logical, it seemed fairly arbitrary as to whether ol’ Ted would tell them that’s what the prize was or that they’d just ruled out that prize. Didn’t help that he looked like someone you wouldn’t buy a used car from.

Premier Icon The Pinkster
    Subscriber

As has been said, Blakes 7 & American Gothic.

Blakes 7 must be ripe for a remake with all the latest TV wizardry available these days. and American Gothic just needs to be redone.

Time Team or Scrapheap Challenge.

Premier Icon jekkyl
    Subscriber

lol @ scrapheap challenge. It was a good show but always a bit strange when they rounded a corner to find a fully operational internal combustion engine with exactly the right gear ratio they needed to hoist the weight of 3 men from the water and put them down on a canal barge.

gobuchul

Tomorrows World.

In fact they should put all the old episodes on the iPlayer.

Spitting Image.

cheekyboy

Play for Today.

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

Fingerbobs

Yoffy was a qualified proctologist. True fact.

Premier Icon crazy-legs
    Subscriber

Airwolf, blue thunder, streethawk, knight rider – anything futuristic involving vehicles really.

They did remake Knightrider. It wasn’t great.
    MacGyver too – there’s a reboot which is currently on Season 3. That’s not the same either. 🙁

I’d like to see Tomorrow’s World again. Used to love that as a kid, all these futuristic things like CDs and supermarket scanners.

Premier Icon riklegge
    Subscriber

The Mary Whitehouse Experience. And Adam and Joe show. Classics of the era.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

lol @ scrapheap challenge. It was a good show but always a bit strange when they rounded a corner to find a fully operational internal combustion engine with exactly the right gear ratio they needed to hoist the weight of 3 men from the water and put them down on a canal barge.

It wasn’t always like that. I remember one team spending an hour or two with a hammer and block of wood trying to get the pistons to move in one block they found. I’m sure someone showed them to the right engine later though.

Kuco

A Town Called Eureka
    Space 1999
    UFO

twinw4ll

Captain Scarlet and The Mysterons.
    The Persuaders, the opening montage was awesome.

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

Firefly or Look Around You. Either of those would be great.

tdog

Due South

Definitely Maple Syrup bloke good cop bad cop for the win

Premier Icon YoKaiser
    Subscriber

New Yankee Workshop. Nae drama, spats, staged rubbish. Just good wholesome big tools and craftsmanship with a Bawston brogue. Superbly relaxing too.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

“Ain’t Half Hot Mum” – complete with Rangi Ram in blackface and the Sgt Major making homophobic insults.

That would rattle a few cages 🙂

tdog

Quantum Leap- another goodun!

Columbo I like too!

Premier Icon leegee
    Subscriber

Some great suggestions, Green wing had another series in it.

markrh

Gladiators.

Premier Icon YoKaiser
    Subscriber

Think they done gladiators and it flopped, on sky iirc.

Premier Icon deadkenny
    Subscriber

Spitting Image was supposedly dropped because the government became too much a parody of itself. It’s way more that now.

Love Thy Neighbour

Perfect for the Brexit generation.

Anyway, +1 Blake’s 7. It would need a decent reboot. No point trying to continue it as very few would know what it was and the old cast are dying off. Needs to capture the dystopian future and battle with the Federation, and ditch all the silly alien of the week nonsense. Though in concept it’s just Robin Hood in space. Not sure if has a place these days.

scotroutes

Love Thy Neighbour

Perfect from the Brexit generation.

My thoughts exactly.

I’d love for there to be a decent weekly sci-fi show again worth watching, nothing comes close to Star Trek: The Next Generation and X-Files from the early 1990s.

And Frasier, unusually funny to me at least for a mostly American show.

eddiebaby

I’d loved to have seen where Dollhouse would have ended up.
    Really pissed off that they cancelled Alcatrazm. The last episode of season 1 when they did a little tribute to Bullitt delighted me.

Oh and we need Punisher S3.

Premier Icon jekkyl
    Subscriber

All day I’ve been thinking there’s one TV show I’ve forgotten about that could be ace again and I’ve just remembered what it is. It’s The Word, bring back The Word.

footflaps

Airwolf
    Blakes Seven
    Spitting Image

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

Killing Eve.

I need more now!

P-Jay

It’s The Word, bring back The Word.

I’d love to see so old ones again, it all seemed so edgy back in the day, bet it’s pretty mild by today’s standards.

Premier Icon northernsoul
    Subscriber

Yes Minister – a good satirical complement to Spitting Image.

70s style OU – complete with kipper ties, brown shirts and serious amounts of theory to get your teeth into.

Not sure about Blake’s seven. I don’t think they could capture that proper 1970s English bleakness. The re-make of Survivors wasn’t a patch on the original.

70s style OU – complete with kipper ties, brown shirts and serious amounts of theory to get your teeth into.

Wouldn’t be the same if you didn’t have to get up at 5am to watch it!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 148 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.