Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What turbo trainer?
  • Highland28
    Free Member

Have started to think of getting a turbo trainer for my flat. Has to be cheap, like max £60, don’t mind going second hand but having never had one am not too sure what to look for. It would be used with my mojo mainly which has a 2.1″ crossmark on the rear, and possibly a small amount of use with my singlespeed.
    So what would you recommend?
    Thanks

Highland28
    Free Member

no-one?

pinches
    Free Member

you’ll definitely have to get a 2nd hand one for that money, but look at a Tacx. I have a satori which is nice and quiet in my flat.

Oh, and you can’t run a nobbly tyre on them, you’ll have to fit a slick. You’ll destroy a knobbly tyre on the turbo and it’ll make the most outrageous amount of noise you’ve ever heard.

CaptJon
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKEHoA_xl-U[/video]

thomthumb
    Free Member

i have a cycleops – it’s great. proper turbo trainer makes it much quieter. now i can listen to the radio 🙂

barrykellett
    Free Member

If you are going to use your Singlespeed on it you will need a plain old magnetic one
    You wont be able to change the resistance using a singlespeed + a progressive turbo (Wind or Fluid) and therefore it will be pretty useless as a training tool.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What turbo trainer?’ is closed to new replies.