Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What tubeless Wheelset/Rim??
  • SigmaF
    Free Member

Well, after countless hours Stans’s faffing I’ve decided to go tubeless on the entire quiver…

Question is – what are the tubeless options?

I’ve had a set of 819’s built up for the DH bike (should be interesting!!)….but I’m now looking for replacements for both the HT and trail bike…

Mavic wheelsets look rudely expensive (even at trade!!)…..any body have experience of either the Stans rims or Bonty’s?

WackoAK
    Free Member

There’s a set of Mavic CrossTrail’s for sale in the classifieds at the moment? (not mine)

aracer
    Free Member

Olympics work very well IME – I’m fairly sure plenty of others will be along shortly to make similar comments.

scruff
    Free Member

819s great if you want stronger but not light. If your on 819s on DH bike I guesstans is more suited.

A few threads covered stans Vs 819 lateley, try a search (good luck with search facility its rubbish now)

Android
    Free Member

I have the Bonty Rhythm Pro’s, had them for the last two years, dead easy to get the tyres on, have taken numerous hammerings from my 14 stone around Afan and various other trails.

MrNutt
    Free Member

surely you have been better off with 823’s on the DH bike?

richc
    Free Member

they weigh a ton though, and the 819’s are very tough

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Just got some of the new Mavic SX’s. Liking them so fare. Their light but seem strong and the new hub is very quick to pick up and silent. Esy to seat my mountain king tubeless tyres on.

walleater

surely you have been better off with 823’s on the DH bike?

Not really. He only weighs as much as a fart and never rides anyway 😉

Pukz
    Free Member

I’ll second Bonty Rhythm rims I have 2 sets Comps and Elites – had for around 2years ….. both sets have been faultless

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What tubeless Wheelset/Rim??’ is closed to new replies.