Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What tubeless setup stuff comes with Hope Hoops Flow these days?
  • Deveron53
    Free Member

Do you get tubeless valves? What tape is supplied as standard? What’s the bare minimum ‘ghetto gear’ (hardware store) I need to get them tubeless with Hans Dampfs? (Hans Dampfs were previously tubeless with split tubes so should go up ok without kerfuffle)

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Unless anything’s changed recently, there’s never been any tubeless stuff supplied with Hope Hoops Flow.

You’d need to take off the existing strip, fit some stans 25mm tape and a stans valve, plus the fluid.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Didn’t get anything with my CRC order, just came with the standard green tape.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nbt

Buy it from 18 Bikes and they will give you the tape and fluid 😉

davewalsh
    Free Member

Supplied with green tape as standard that needs removing. Cheapest option (assuming you have some spaff) is tape and valves from Superstar, £15 for both. For Flow EX get the 29mm tape rather than the 25mm as the 25mm isn’t wide enough to cover the holes in the bead bench.

torihada
    Free Member

nbt – Member
    Buy it from 18 Bikes and they will give you the tape and fluid

Just a got a set of hope tech wheels from 18 bikes: they’d fitted the tubeless tape, supplied two bottles of wheel milk & 2 tubeless valves. Hopefully the wheels will match 18’s level if service.

smogmonster

I use Superstar Valves with NoTubes sealant…and electrical tape instead of rim tape. Same setup as OP – Flow rims with Hans Dampfs Tubeless Ready. It works fine!

Houns

Buy from 18 Bikes as above

Deveron53
    Free Member

All fitted and working. Front went up with only a track pump, rear needed a blast from a compressor. This is the first tubeless setup I’ve done without a Schrader-valved bmx inner tube split down the middle. The shop flogged me a length of yellow rim tape similar to Notubes. I may replace the Notubes valves with Superstar alloy ones. I don’t use the removable core to refill, I have an adapted tyre lever with a filling port.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What tubeless setup stuff comes with Hope Hoops Flow these days?’ is closed to new replies.