What tubeless set up for cross

Home Forum Bike Forum What tubeless set up for cross

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What tubeless set up for cross
  • slinkybike

So I have used tubeless for years on the MTB and I am going to do some cross racing this season in oz. I just wanted to know what people are ruining I am not fast (just looking to finish at the moment) so I won’t be swapping tires every race for conditions I need a all round tread and the races tend to be muddy in the south here, my thoughts were some Stan’s alpha rims 32/28 or 32/32 laced to some light road hubs any suggestions on tires and or rims.

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

I’ve been looking at this for a while. If you go with the alpha, remember it doesn’t work with the Hutchinson tubeless tyres (or so the stans site says) because the bead is too tight and may snap. I hear the kenda and schwalb tyres are good but some have struggled to seal the side walls on maxxis. I’m tempted to try and Bonty cx0 as my use is more social mix than cross. Nextday tyres have some EVO racing ralphs and nobby nics that should work.

clubber

search though my history – plenty of threads on this going back a year or so.

john_l

I’m using CXP33s & Maxxis Mimos at the moment. Had success with Open Pros & Campag Protons too with Michelin Muds & KendaSB8s.

slinkybike

What were you using to tubeless those non tubeless rims, rubber rim strips? I am pretty sold on the alpha rims just because Stan’s rims have been so easy for me to run tubeless in the past.

john_l

Old 26″ Eclipse rim strips.

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

I’ve set up ac-19 rims with MTB rim strips and now use arch 29er rims with tape.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What tubeless set up for cross’ is closed to new replies.