Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What tubeless sealant as alternative to stans
  • georgecats_0
    Free Member

What you using and where do u get it please

JoeG
    Free Member

I’ve used Stan’s since 2005! 8)

Scapegoat

Why do you need an alternative to Stans?

robbieh
    Free Member

I use some liquid latex from ebay, mix it up 50/50 with water as its quite thick, not had a puncture in the year I.ve used it in 4 wheels.

toppers3933
    Free Member

schwalbe? not really an alternative to be fair. its the same stuff with blue dye in it.

seavers
    Free Member

Just interested, is this a cost thing or performance? I have been using Stans for a few years with good results.

garage-dweller

Slime one is fine. My lbs only had that so it’s what I bought. No issues with it.

ineedabeer
    Free Member

I bought some Intense TNT stuff & just injected into Swalbe tubes by taking the core out & refitting, now I no its not tubeless but I have not had any punctures in the last couple of years since i have been running this way. Im pretty happy but I do realise its never going to be quite as good as a tubeless system

mikewsmith
    Free Member

On Stans fluid, tried the Jo’s worked fine too but got a better price on the Jo’s big bottle.

Not really getting through it that quick so happy enough. Not really a serial tyre changer but I do recycle if I do

scaredypants

I quite like Geax GTT but I think thay may have stopped selling it
    It’s not like normal latexy jizz

ineedabeer
    Free Member

I just picked up the Geax stuff cheap one day & thought why not give it a go! If they don’t produce it anymore I will just try something else

SD-253
    Free Member

Am I doing something wrong? I have used slime etc and I got just as many punctures and they were no bigger than normal ones? They never seal the punctures and make it impossible to repair because of the slime. Just gave up and bought Marathon Plus. Happy to use as extra puncture protection but just doesn’t seem to give any protection.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What tubeless sealant as alternative to stans’ is closed to new replies.