Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • what trail bike for less than £2000 (sorry)
  • Steveo

A pal is asking me for some bike advise but I’ve been out of the scene for a while.
    He wants a complete build, 27.5, full sus at about 140mm travel.
    He needs to get it on finance so I think that rules out canyon.
    Obviously he wants the best he can for the money. At the moment, the cucube stereo 140 is a contender. What else would the collective suggest?
    Many thanks

razorrazoo

Interest free credit card?

buck53

Trek Remedy? Prefer the Fuel EX 7 at that price point myself but that’s a bit shorter travel.

poey50
    Free Member

Check out the Radon Slide 27.5 9.0

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-slide-27.5-9.0-238581/varid-238583?currency=3&delivery_country=190&gclid=Cj0KEQjwmLipBRC59O_EqJ_E0asBEiQATYdNhzW3W4d36qZyxc09MtwRE6bOBn02Z4efApPUePf-tMUaAmBo8P8HAQ

A near miraculous spec for under 1900 pounds. I’ve got the 29er version and couldn’t be more pleased. They also do finance deals and you should have it within a week.

Steveo

I think the interest free cc option is a no go as well but I will mention it. The trek doesn’t quite fit the bill but the way radon looks very I interesting. What’s the frame build quality like and has anyone tried to get finance from them?

poey50
    Free Member

There are reviews of the Radon online if you search for them and willing to cut and paste various European languages into Google translator. They seem well known and well respected in Germany but not as known as Canyon over here.

The frame seems an excellent build quality to me .. all done in Germany to the usual standards you would expect. My 22 inch 29er (with a 1×10 drive setup and tubeless) weighs in just under 30lb, which is pretty good.

I’ve no knowledge of applying for finance it but if they advertise it then there’s no reason not to provide it.

nickc

Evans have got some great finance deals on Norco bikes that fit your Friend’s need.

For Instance this Norco Sight Alloy

v666ern
    Free Member

^^^ evans also doing a £250 off scrapage scheme ATM IIRC

v666ern
    Free Member

is he against 29ers or not tried – codeine?

poey50
    Free Member

The Radon beats the Norco on spec – especially the wheelset – but the big advantage of the Norco is that you can try one out quite easily. If your mate is unsure of what size he needs then try-before-you-buy is a good idea. You can work it out from direct sellers like Radon and Canyon by using their sizing guides, especially if you can compare measurements to a bike that you know fits, but if in doubt its probably better not to risk it as returns can be a pain.

LenHankie

Not a useful comment, but that Radon is a lovely looking thing!

nickc

That Radon is amazing value!

OP have a look at Pauls Cycles as well, they have endless amounts of end of line or last year spec bikes at knock down prices.

crispy1980
    Free Member

I ha’ve just recently been in the same situation, I ended up with the on one codeine, fir 1750 it has pikes, ccdb and sram x 9 running gear. I was unsure about riding a 29er but have since found that after one rude really it feels normal, never think of it really

br
    Free Member

Try his LBS’s, most offer finance.

fergal
    Free Member

The Cube Stereo pro 140 is the dogs, a tad over two grand but great spec, really good review on pinkbike. http://www.pinkbike.com/news/cube-stereo-140-hpa-pro-275–review-2015.html

dknwhy

I’m waiting for my Radon 8.0 to be delivered… 🙁

Steveo

dknwhy: why the sad face, how long have you been waiting?

looks like finance is only available to those in germany.

thanks for all the info, very helpful as always 🙂

dknwhy

5 days but it’s 5 days too long! Apparently, it’s in Dunstable though so fingers crossed for delivery tomorrow…

scandal42
    Free Member

Oh shit I really want a Radon Slide, amazing value

dvowles82
    Free Member

It’s nice to see Pinkbike’s review of the Cube Stereo 140. Bikeradar seem so focused on criticising any trail bike that isn’t super slack and long. They now routinely slate bikes like the Cube Stereo 140 or T130 in this department. You always get the feeling that if they were a degree slacker and an inch longer, they’d judge that as a purely positive thing, with no negative side effects. But for 80% of most people’s riding, on the majority of trails they ride, the nimbleness and responsiveness of a moderately slack, moderately long bike makes a lot of sense! From Pinkbike: –

”Cube’s Stereo 140 HPA Pro addresses the need for a more capable trailbike – one that can be trusted to get a rider with good skills down truly technical trails, without sacrificing the brighter handling and pedaling aspects of the genre that are best suited for the type of trails that we spend the most time upon. Riding the more nimble Cube around Sedona made the prospect of hauling our butts around the mountain on long-travel, super-slack enduro racing bikes just to get the maximum enjoyment from the 120 seconds we spent dropping down super-techy sections seem comical. The Stereo 140 Pro is a bike that makes almost every twist and turn of the trail a joyful challenge. The Stereo 140 proved to be an enjoyable and capable AM/trailbike – one that offers both the performance and the price tag that will make a lot of riders happy. – RC”

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘what trail bike for less than £2000 (sorry)’ is closed to new replies.