Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What towbar carrier for DH or Ebike?
  • benz
    Free Member

What bike racks are folks using to transport their relatively heavy long wheelbase bikes nowadays?

My mate has a Thule 9502 and is concerned about it accommodating his 23-ish kg XL ebike.

Thanks all.

ta11pau1

I’ve just bought the Buzzrack E-scorpion 2, my size XXL 29er YT Jeffsy (1269mm wheelbase) fits on no problem. It’ll take 2x 30kg bikes according to the specs.

Tracey

We bought the Thule VeloSpace XT this time last year to replace the Thule one we had had for over 15 years. Mainly to get the extra spacing between the bikes and also the longer wheelbase. The old rack had taken four bikes on a regular basis all over the UK and Europe.

The new rack is first class and has on the one occasion use taken 2 Ebikes and a Enduro into the Peak for a test run and ride.

I then had to go into hospital for further work on sorting my foot out only to come round from the anaesthetic to find out that we had purchased a LWB Tourneo Custom in the Black Friday sales for bike duties.
    The rack has now spent the last twelve months stood up at the back of the garage with a bike against it just in case we ever need it.

And I thought I was the impulsive one 🤔

ajantom

Seconded for the Buzzrack Scorpion.

Fits my XL DMR Trailstar with 2.8″ tyres no problem, and also a Surly Krampus 29+.
    It’s rated for 2 x 30kg ebikes, so should take pretty much any bike weight-wise.

Very solid bit of kit, had no problems with it for going on nearly 2 years now.

iainc

I chose the Atera Strada E over the Thule XT Velospace as the tube clamps go right round the frame and don’t need tensioned, whereas the Thule is a jaw clamp. I reckoned that may be a better plan with a carbon frame. but don’t know if it makes any difference.

chvck
    Free Member

I have an Atera Strada E that I don’t use anymore (moved house so rarely drive with the bike and bought a car without a towbar too). If your mate is interested in taking it off my hands then I’d be open to offers (genuinely got no idea what it’s worth s/h), based just north of Manchester.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What towbar carrier for DH or Ebike?’ is closed to new replies.