Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What? Tow bar mounted rack?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Just got a Focus after getting rid of our xtrail. Ford have fitted a bar and electrics point so looking for a bike rack for 2 bikes. Cheaper the better afaic.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Atera, not cheap BUT when your pride and joy is on the back I’d rather spend a bit more!

milky1980
    Free Member

I bought a Buzzrack from roofbox.com as a temporary carrier until I could afford a Thule, had it 3 years now and it’s that good (although slightly heavy) I haven’t changed it! Gets used 2-3 times a week without issue.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Ah Jeez…. Taken Ford dealer over a week to not properly fit the electrics. Came up with an issue and are stumped. I guess they are trying to directly wire in which is throwing up errors on the dash. Err, aren’t you supposed to use a bypass relay? Ffs it worries me these guys are ford dealers!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Oz?? Got a 50mm Box mount on it?
    https://www.gripsport.com.au/products
    Of if you know any one handy with a welder easy to get one knocked up

MoreCashThanDash

We’ve got the 3+1 Atera Strada, and it’s great – the fact that it slides away from the car to give you boot access rather than just tilting makes it so much easier when the kids suddenly remember their helmets need to go in the boot despite the fact that you asked them 10 times before you loaded 4 bikes on the rack!

fasthaggis

Atera, not cheap BUT when your pride and joy is on the back I’d rather spend a bit more

Yup, I got an Atera strada sport x2 off Gumtree for £170.
    Very good.

Richie_B

+1 for a Buzzrack. I needed a four bike rack, thought about getting one with bells and whistles, which in hindsight I didn’t need, but went for a cheaper one meaty enough to survive our shed

ransos
    Free Member

Buzzrack +2. Taken mine on several European trips and it’s always been rock solid. It’s a little fiddly to take on and off compared to Thule, but it’s a lot cheaper. Take your pick.

brassneck

I have a MaxxRaxx for 4, which is great but a little agricultural and requires a bit of bike Tetris to get a good fit. I like the fact it’s very simple and all spares are easily available, but for 2 bikes I might go with something a little posher / less likely to remove a toe.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What? Tow bar mounted rack?’ is closed to new replies.