Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • what tow bar bike rack for 3 bikes would you recommend?
  • somtam
    Free Member

Hello,
    I am after your advice regarding a bike rack.
    I had a thurle high mount fall of my car and cause some damage last year (it was secured well so I believe it to have been faulty)

Anyway because of this I am looking for a tow bar secured bike rack. My intention is to carry 1 adults bike and two childrens bikes.

I have tried to search on line and have found good reviews for Paddy Hopkirk Quick Ball and Thurle 970 hang on.

Would you be so kind as to give your thoughts on these or if you could recommend any others as the reviews were some time ago.

Thank you very much

Wharfedale
    Free Member

If you have a fixed flange type towbar look at aiston bike racks. Brilliant bits of kit.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Double post

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

I always reply Atera Strada to these posts. I’ve had one of those racks for several years now. Brilliant piece of kit.

Try here for other views

kcal

+1 Strada, especially the later versions.

Nick

I’ve had one of these for about five years, even had a fourth kids bike lashed to one of the others all the way to the Alps, it’s been fine.

It’s about half the price of a Strada and the loops make it easier to load the bikes (if my previous rack that was a bit like a Strada was anything to go by).

alaric

I’ve had Thule hang on, MaxRaxx, Mottez and now a Thule Euroclassic.

The Euroclassic is by far and away the quickest to fit, the most secure and the easiest and quickest to fit the bikes to.

It is also the easiest for different frame types, too.

It’s so quick I use it for just one bike, where previously I’d had put the seats down and put it inside. One of the reasons I bought it was so I didn’t do this in my new car!

weeble
    Free Member

+2 Strada fantastic rack

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘what tow bar bike rack for 3 bikes would you recommend?’ is closed to new replies.