Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What to spend on new full suspension? £2000 or £1000?
  • mattslegg
    Free Member

Hello everyone, I’d really appreciate some help trying to decide what new bike to buy especially if you have any experience with any of them.

Ive been trying to decide on either a Vitus Escarpe or Canyon Spectral. I have £2000 to spend and both bikes seem to offer a lot of value for money.

I also keep wondering to myself wether or not I Should just save myself a half the money and buy a Calibre Bossnut. All the review site read about them say they are as good as bikes costing double.

Any opinions or experiences folks?

malv173
    Free Member

Have look at the Calibre Triple B for £1400. Comes with a dropper and is better spec’d than the Bossnut.  But of the two you’ve mentioned the Spectral (Al 5.0?) looks great value.  Pikes are a big plus, and i think it is a better looking bike. Not that looks are everything!

bri-72

I got a 27.5 escape off crc for c£1300 full xt  spec. Bargains to be had if keep an eye out and use BC 10% discount

or or right now this would seem way better  than bossnut.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/vitus-escarpe-suspension-bike-deore-1×10-2018/rp-prod159741

bossnut still seems a bit too  ‘tesco’

mattslegg
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice everyone.

i must admit I can’t get excited about the looks of the bossnut but the specs are decent and the reviews are very good and it’s half the price.

on the other hand the Canyon looks beautiful.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Have – beside other bikes – the Bossnut V2.

Happy with it. Pre-assembly was very bad so – you need half a day to fix all the stuff and then it’s fine.

Some of my biking pals have the Spectral.

The Bossnut V2 isn’t the “Canyon quality”…

Bossnut for 1k: great, great value, lots of fun

Spectral for 2k (is that right?): well you get very good value for 2k then. If you have 2k …

In my opinion: both bikes are worth their money.

marksnook
    Free Member

Buy the one you think looks the coolest

damascus
    Free Member

If you have the money to spend buy the one you want which sounds like the canyon.

If you go cheap when you don’t need to you will always regret it. You will probably spend money on upgrades so long run not much in it.

As above, buy the one you like the look of.

andy4d

Of the bikes you mentioned I have only ridden the escarpe, about 2 years ago,and oh boy did i love it. I so nearly bought one but by the time i had the funds the one i wanted was sold out. Spectral is a good bike too from what i have heard so pick the one your heart says.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What to spend on new full suspension? £2000 or £1000?’ is closed to new replies.