Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What to ride next Sunday, north North Wales
  • flyingmonkeycorps

I’m staying in Snowdonia next weekend, walking Snowdon on Saturday then heading home on Sunday. I’ll be dropping my sister at Conwy station at about 10am then heading home to Hull, but I’m in no hurry so plenty of time for a ride during the day.

What’s good to ride round there, preferably east of Conwy? There’s Llandegla but I’ve done that a few times and will be back there in September so I’d really prefer something natural.

leonthepro
    Free Member

Straight out of Conwy town you have the Conwy Mountain (<span class=”module__title__link”>Mynydd y Dref</span>) / Tal-y-Fan route. Good climb upto the quarry on Tal-y-Fan then back down over Conwy Mountain. Should be easy to find on Strava or other routes here

mrchrist

+1 for Conwy mtn, Just follow the north wales path.

Here is a photo I took last year (can’t figure out how to post a google pic):

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/photo/109398315453811647428/6586721163356933106

carlos
    Free Member

Conwy Mountain loop for sure. IMO it’s a  Xc loop, with stunning views but one of my favourite days out.

Carlos

flyingmonkeycorps

Ace – looks ideal.

I think I did something similar a few years back (with added Drum Mountain) which was ace, so that should be perfect. A nice XC loop with views should be just the ticket.

carlos
    Free Member

Oh yeah, The Drum for sure, 5.5km descending with no gates. Yeah might be on a wide track and across some grass, but at an average speed of 40+ km/h its a right good laugh.

Our version of the Conwy Mountain loop goes something like – Start next to the high School on Morfa Drive, Mountain Road, Sychnant Pass, Maen Esgob, Garnedd-wen, Rowen Youth Hostel, Roman Road to bottom of The Drum, Up and down the Drum, Descend to the Golf Course, round Gerlan, North Wales Path, Back over to The Sychnant Pass, onto The Conwy Mountain and then descend back to meet the Mountain Road.

Carlos

binners

Drum mountain for sure. I remember a thread on here a few years back asking what’s the highest speed you’ve been off-road. I think pretty much everyone listed the Drum Mountain descent

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What to ride next Sunday, north North Wales’ is closed to new replies.