Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What to do (Yodel failing to deliver) ?
  • popstar
    Free Member

Planned in advance 1 week to buy a birthday gift. Bought it on Ebay with estimated delivery on 21august. Checked tracking number today (24th) and got message that courier couldn’t locate customers address in London. Wtf? Argh… while i still have got time, do I cancel order and buy same thing from other seller who uses more reliable courier?

cranberry
    Free Member

How much time until the birthday ?

Can said item be bought in a real shop ?

dannybgoode

Arrrrrghhh – not Yodel. You may as well strap your package on the back of a homing rat and its got more chance of getting to the required destination in a timely fashion.

The rat would probably be more polite than the delivery driver also.

Cheers

Danny B

popstar
    Free Member

I still have 4 days left. Will play lucky card again, they might re-deliver again today or at least maybe they could leave failed to deliver card with options of collecting it from their nearest depot. I hope.

Buying it from shops at the right price commands slightly higher premium. I would rather save it and treat myself to trip to Wales 🙂

rickmeister

Yodel, you may as well sing for your supper… not my carrier of choice.

Try another purchase and carrier…

If the current one defaults again, does it get returned to sender.. ? If so let it do this and refund.. ?

Cougar

If you’re on Twitter, message @yodelonline. They’re about the only decent bit of Yodel customer service I’ve come across.

cranberry
    Free Member

Deliery today, as in Saturday – is that a possibility ?

Also, isn’t Monday a bank holiday in the UK ?

m0rk
    Free Member

Probably find it’s assigned to a self employed driver, who doesn’t have any other deliveries in your exact area so it’ll be chucked to the back of the truck until he is nearby or chucked back to the depot

kimbers

can only report bad experiences with yodel Im afraid

Jamie
    Free Member

They’re about the only decent bit of Yodel customer service I’ve come across.

While they are very courteous, it usually ends up with the dreaded line “sorry, you will need to contact your local depot”.

IME.

br
    Free Member

Buying it from shops at the right price commands slightly higher premium. I would rather save it and treat myself to trip to Wales

And if the present doesn’t turn up, will you need to go and buy it locally anyway – as otherwise, will you be still allowed to go to Wales? 😉

Cougar

Probably find it’s assigned to a self employed driver, who doesn’t have any other deliveries in your exact area so it’ll be chucked to the back of the truck until he is nearby or chucked back to the depot

Or abandoned in the street somewhere in the same postcode, which is what they usually do to me.

I gave them a bollocking for it and they’ve assured me it won’t happen again, though they got shirty when I asked what they’d actually done about it.

Shower. First against the wall when the revolution comes.

Cougar

Thusly,

I hope you can appreciate that this is an internal matter and I am not a (sic) liberty to discuss in depth action taken with our employees.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What to do (Yodel failing to deliver) ?’ is closed to new replies.