Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What to do with old kids bikes?
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’m treating my kids to a couple of nice new bikes (Frog) now they can both ride and are showing more interest in getting out on the bikes and able to go further. What should I do with their old bikes? They are not worth anything so can’t be bothered to put on eBay or try to sell- a bit tatty and rusty in places, but perfectly functional and would be probably be useful to a couple of other kids. Do charity shops take them? seems a shame to take them down to the tip.

johndoh
    Free Member

Freecycle, Freagle, local Facebook Free To A Good Home group?

GrahamS

Local bike recycling place?

mark90
    Free Member

I just stuck a basic 16″ wheel kids bike on eBay. Collection only. Sold for £7 which is £2 more than I paid on eBay a few years back. But the main thing is the woman who collected is made up her daughter has a bike for the summer.

yunki
    Free Member

One of the second hand shops in my town has recently dedicated half of his shop solely to selling just this sort of bike and is doing a roaring trade

squirrelking
    Free Member

There are plenty of cycling charities out there who would be grateful for donations.

Harry_the_Spider

Offer them on here for the price of a few beers.

sharkattack

YoGrant
    Free Member

Contact your local Sustrans. They’ll have them for bike-it and give them to kids without bikes :0)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What to do with old kids bikes?’ is closed to new replies.