What to do with old forks?

Home Forum Bike Forum What to do with old forks?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What to do with old forks?
  • ell_tell

A set of Manitou Axel comps to be precise, not fantastic condition – some rust on stanchions but paint etc okay.

Worth anything or suitable for the tip? Do they recycle items like this at the local waste recycling centres?

hels

I have given a couple of sets to local kids mtb club. They still had life in them, and for some of the kids were much better than what they had. The guy that runs the club was happy to have them.

ell_tell

That’s not a bad idea and a worthy use. A quick Google indicates most of the clubs around my immediate area are road biased so probably not much use for suspension forks.

dantsw13

Stick if in the classifieds as a freebie. Someone may want it for a pub bike.

wysiwyg

I always want stuff for my bikes for Africa kids. Where are you?

Premier Icon martymac
    Subscriber

our local council tip keeps all bikes/related bits and they go to a charity that recycles them.
    (fife)

ell_tell

Am in Cardiff wysiwyg. Close to you?

Due to age and condition I’m not looking for anything for em and would be nice to see them go to a good cause, but likewise didn’t want to get stung for expensive p&p costs either.

wysiwyg

Thanks very much for the offer but im in snowy Notts im afraid.

We’ve got http://www.spokes-uk.org in Kidderminster, a charity that repairs old bikes for resale.
    Is there anything like that near you ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What to do with old forks?’ is closed to new replies.