Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What to do with old film cameras?
  • globalti
    Free Member

My MIL has given me three plastic crates full of cameras, lenses and flashes and other equipment that belonged to her husband and son. There are three OM1s, one with a winder and one spare winder and there’s a black Nikkormat and some nice Olympus Zuiko lenses. Twenty or even ten years ago I’d have killed for an OM1, ow they are going for peanuts on Eblag. MIL thinks I’m going to Eblag them one by one but I haven’t got the time or patience.

Ten years ago friends in Africa were asking me to bring old film cameras out with me on trips but now they have gone digital as well.

Any suggestions?

juan
    Free Member

Use them…?

grantway
    Free Member

keep them you be surprised has some are very collectable
    and people have not given up on them.

My Mamiya twin lens reflex camera is a bookend on my bookcase
    But I still use it has well has my Canon G11.

SamCooke
    Free Member

The lenses often fit on dig cameras, with an adaptor

avdave2

My OM1’s are doing sterling duty as bookends. I would never dream of getting rid of them though.

stuarty
    Free Member

Ill take one with a short lens
    one that works ,

ojom
    Free Member

If you have a Zuiko 28m i would buy that from you.

Got an OM4 which is a good user.

Don’t do digital unless using iPhone camera.

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

I always thought they could produce all the electronic (digital) gubbins in a 35mm film canister size, then have the sensor on a thin (film like) plate which would sit where the film would normally go. Probably cost a lot but i can’t let go of my dads Canon T90!

donsimon
    Free Member

Why not pass them on to a photography club/school/college?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I always thought they could produce all the electronic (digital) gubbins in a 35mm film canister size, then have the sensor on a thin (film like) plate which would sit where the film would normally go. Probably cost a lot but i can’t let go of my dads Canon T90!

They existed for a short time, but were horrifically expensive as it’s not just hardware you need which was expensive in itself as it has to be full frame (which is expensive), all the processing bits as well, they were slightly more popular in medium format.

speed12
    Free Member

Any chance of a lens list if you are looking to get rid of. I (and I’m sure others) might be interested in taking some off your hands. I love my little OM-2, feels so nice to take photos with – and takes great ones as well!

ski
    Free Member

Plenty of collectors still pay good money for mint film camera’s, I just sold my unused Nikon F2 ( leaving pressy from when I was in the trade) to a very happy US customer, who in the past has bought mint boxed OM1n’s off me;)

Worth checking the slow shutter speeds mind ( 15th sec or slower ) as if they have not been used for a while they can drag

I know of at least one UK buyer who would be very happy to put their hand on a boxed mint Black Nikkormat body, which version is it?

JulianA
    Free Member

OM to 4/3 converter works OK with Olympus E-Series digital cameras…

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Send them to me, I love shooting with film

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Nikkormats are fantastic – I have one sitting on the shelf that has been to all sorts of exotic places as my go to expedition camera. It is far from mint, but I would keep it just for posterity!

zokes
    Free Member

Another “interested party” here if you’re looking for funds to get shut of them…

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I’ll come and collect them from you 😀

Keando

Hi another “interested party” here – have an OM1, OM2SP and OM4 and I am interested in any lenses you may be selling 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What to do with old film cameras?’ is closed to new replies.