Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What to do this weekend…
  • ml
    Free Member

This weekend my girlfriend has friends coming over on Friday night, then a hen night on Saturday … so I’ve got a free weekend. I’m swithering on what to do.

Looking at the weather, it should be dry until and including the weekend, above freezing, and just a bit windy. The Week in Scotland thread has given me some ideas, but where should I head on Friday evening to be ready for the weekend? I’ll be riding on my own, but being out in the hills alone doesn’t worry me.

I’m in the Edinburgh area and would prefer to get a train instead of driving, cos I’d need to hire a car. I can camp or stay in a hostel/B&B. Any ideas?

EDIT: I have the Bike Scotland Trails Guide, and quite fancy some of those, if there’s a recommendation from it.

druidh
    Free Member

A train will get you through to Bridge of Orchy, so you could do the Glen Kinglass route to Taynuilt.

Or up the Inverness line you’ve got Dalwhinnie for Ben Alder and Aviemore for Rothiemurchus etc. Be aware that the Ben Alder route goes over some very high ground though – and it’ll still be laden with snow.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>A train will get you through to Bridge of Orchy, so you could do the Glen Kinglass route to Taynuilt.<

If its Saturday you’d better be prepared to ride back tho as the trains full booked 😉

Forescast is also wet and wild for the West:
    http://www.mwis.org.uk/mountain/WH.PDF

ml
    Free Member

Damn, the normal weather forecast(s) were looking OK for that area… Perhaps better to head south/east, but the train options are a bit limited in that direction. :-S

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Not exactly out there but there’s plenty of stuff around Dunkeld, Pitlochry and BA that’s relatively low & sheltered.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What to do this weekend…’ is closed to new replies.