• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by lunge.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What to do in Brum
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

My usual drinking partner has let me down so I need food booze and entertainment for a lonely business visitor. Sad face. Staying nr new st. Chinatown

clunker

Glee Club

lunge

Close to where you’re staying, Meating is good in The Arcadian for food as is Chung Ying.
    For beers, head to John Bright street, you got a good pub in The Victoria, you have a Brew Dog too.
    And yes, Glee Club got entertainment. Or Legs 11, both close to you.

Or, just head to The Gay Village and see what you can find, there is some great bars and nights there whatever your sex or indeed sexual preferences.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Mmm. Maybe should have been more careful with my phrasing 😆

Not after gentertainment, more a music bar or something!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Home of the Balti.

rOcKeTdOg

See if there’s anything on at the sunflower lounge, just across the road (near New st)

Scamper
    Free Member

Legs 11

mechanicaldope

Mr Egg?

jamj1974

Foodwise, I went to Nosh & Quaff the other week which was good – if a small menu. Original Patty Men serves a great burger too. Speaking of ctivities, The Electric is a great little cinema and I can recommend it.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Well I’ve Sebastianed this right up, checked out meating but was dead so after ambling about aimlessly for half an hour (really didnt fancy chinese)ended up in the crap Mexican in the arcadia cos there was at least a few in. Dreadful steak overdone, liked the cassava chips though, all 6 of them. Now in the wetherspoons round the corner, you can take the boy out if the north…..(2.49 a pint though)

pondo

And I’d imagine you’ve missed the Glee club. :(;

jimoiseau
    Free Member

Definitely a bit late now (sorry different time zone), but next time this happens get down to the jam house. Walkable from new st easily, nearly always got some sort of live music on.

lunge

Ok, so for next time, and only suggesting things in that specific area:
    Eat – Meating, Chug Ying, Original Patty Men.
    Pubs – The Victoria, Brew Dog, Snobs (yes, the new bar is actually really nice), The Post Office Vaults.
    Music/Ents – The Glee Club, The Institute in Digbeth, maybe even Island Bar.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What to do in Brum’ is closed to new replies.