Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What to do in Barcelona?
  • umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Going to Barcelona at the start of April for 4 days with a few amigos, anyone got any advice on what to do and see? We’re students so on a budget, but we’d like to see a bit of culture in the day time. Night time recommendations also appreciated!

Ta 🙂

FuzzyWuzzy

All I’d say is be very wary when in the main touristy bits like Las Ramblas in the evening. If a pack of girls approaches you being all nice and friendly they’re actually pick-pocketing you. Was out there a few months back and one of the guys had his iPhone 5s and bracelet removed the first night after being a little the worse for wear.
    It’s a really nice city though and obviously not the only place such crime happens, I was just shocked how prevalent and blatant it was.

jerseychaz

For culture, go to La Sagrada, the Gaudi cathedral. The exterior is good but the interior is (in my opinion, mind blowing :-)) There’s a couple of bus tours with commentary that are good and take you to all the sights. If you have time go up to Montjuich park. Can’t comment on the night time as we were on a cruise and left at 7.30pm – the Spanish don’t go out before 10.00pm! Take the usual precautions and enjoy.

thomthumb
    Free Member

bus tour up the olympic park in the dark was cool.

can paixano – cava tapas bar. cava for 1 eur a glass.

gracia bars and markets are good.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

keep hold of your wallet, get propositioned by hookers on las rambles, see the bullet holes from the revolution.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Highly recommend hiring bikes whilst you’re there. We’ve been a few times and enjoyed it most when we hired of the bikes. Plenty of places to lock the bikes up when you stop off and cycle routes along all the main routes.

seosamh77
    Free Member

All I’d say is be very wary when in the main touristy bits like Las Ramblas in the evening. If a pack of girls approaches you being all nice and friendly they’re actually pick-pocketing you. Was out there a few months back and one of the guys had his iPhone 5s and bracelet removed the first night after being a little the worse for wear.
    It’s a really nice city though and obviously not the only place such crime happens, I was just shocked how prevalent and blatant it was.

On the flip side, if you want you balls felt for free, empty your pockets in you hotel room, and go a wandering down las ramblas! 😀

btw being serious, I don’t know much about barca or place names I’ve been to, only been a few times, but generally avoid las ramblas, bloody irritating and expensive.

ads678

Sagrada Familiar is deff worth a trip.

Go down to the beach, lots of fitties! The area down towards the W, look right if you’re facing the beach, is the nudist bit, it’s generally old men but i don’t know what you’re into…….

razorrazoo

Do a search, was a thread on this a couple of months back.

19ninety
    Free Member

Keep your hand on your wallet.

yoshimi

Nou Camp – even if you don’t like football is an enjoyable visit

The big cable car from near the Olympic stadium to the port is fun

Wandering up and down the beech / round the harbour

Beers / restaurants around El Born area

Steer clear of La Ramblas – tourist crap

Mackem

I was there at Xmas and was very pleasantly surprised. My previous visits had been spoiled by thieves and unwelcome attention. The place seems to be a lot more pleasant now. Las Ramblas is touristy but still makes a nice stroll and there’s lots of nice squares, streets that come off Las Ramblas.

Cable car is fun. If you want to do anything relating to Gaudi, book your tickets on=line and avoid the horrendous queues (especially for Sagrada Familia)

martinhutch

<family hat> Anyone been to the waterpark near the city? Any other child-friendly attractions? </family hat>

We’re off there in May.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I can’t remember the name of the market off Las Ramblas but that is worth a visit. Great tapas without the price.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What to do in Barcelona?’ is closed to new replies.