• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Aus.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What to do in Barcelona???
  • Aus
    Free Member

Have a big treat weekend in Barcelona planned with my 15 year old son – on the Saturday we’re ‘doing’ the Nou Camp. But have a free day Sunday – any recos of stuff to do so as we get a good flavour of the city?

Ta!

dti

Science museum on the way to tibia do, book online and avoid the que for sagrada familia , with so little time and so much to do the tourist bus is good for an overview.

abbot
    Free Member

Last time I went I had to satisfy a scotchman in the bedroom. Don’t think that is a popular part of the tourist route so go for goudi cathedral and gothic old town instead!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mackem

The cable car up to Montjuic is fun.

corroded
    Free Member

The cable car (and the walk back to the hotel via the old town’s tapas bars) was the best bit of our trip. The queues for the Gaudi and Picasso attractions were beyond ridiculous. Watch out for your pockets/bags.

Mackem

If you want to go to Sagrada Familia, get your tickets on-line. No need to queue then, just go in at your allotted time.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

parc guell was nice.
    also having “done” the nou camp and gone to watch a game, i’d skip the former and do the latter.

eskay

Plan your transport back to the hotel after the game. They shut the metro station just outside of the stadium when we went (may have just been unlucky). We we decided to have a beer to think about it and then ended up getting stranded!

Hope you enjoy the game. Messi scored 4 when we went!!

johndoh
    Free Member

Mackem – Member
    The cable car up to Montjuic is fun.
    POSTED 5 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Yeah, look down and watch the prostitutes at work. Nice.

Then finish off at the Bagdhad Club 😮

andrewh
    Free Member

I am not religous and never go to a church.
    You must see the Sagrada Familia, it will blow your mind!

Caher

Nou camp then hire a bike and ride along the beach. Then there are bars at night.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Ditch the 15 year old and go here.

theotherjonv

Sagrada familia is astonishing. I still can’t work out why they made it of butter, in that heat though. Predictable consequences.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

What to do in Barcelona???

Get dipped by pick pockets?

Apparently it’s a bit too common, just be aware.

It’s a great place, use the red and blue route sight seeing buses to get about on.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.passadis.com/en/

Just be sure to go there with an empty stomach and a hearty appetite.

johndoh
    Free Member

Pickpockets – if you are out late, watch out for the tactile prostitutes – they are all over you just to get your wallet.

And *never* walk around alone late at night.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Just be sensible, which applies whichever city you go to. Been going to BCN every year for the last 15 years and never had a problem, but then I don’t walk around the bottom of the Ramblas at 3am pissed up looking like a tourist.

Steelsreal

we hired low rider/ chopper bicycles and had a guided cycling tour along the beach, bull ring, parks, cathedral thing then back, was great fun…

Aus
    Free Member

great stuff – thanks all and reckon we’ve a good few ideas – counting down!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What to do in Barcelona???’ is closed to new replies.