Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • what to do in and around Cromer?
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

having a long weekend with the OH in a month or so in Cromer, anyone suggest a nice restaurant, pub, things to see?

tah

Stoner
    Free Member

Crab platter/sandwiches at the Cookies crab shop followed by a pint in the Dun cow pub in Salthouse.

http://www.salthouse.org.uk/
    http://www.salthouseduncow.com/

after a bit of twitching at cley marshes
    http://www.norfolkwildlifetrust.org.uk/wildlife-in-norfolk/nature-reserves/reserves/cley-marshes

or a yomp along blakeney beach

Harry_the_Spider

Coffee and cake on the pier.

chuzzley
    Free Member

A ride on the Cromer Eye

[video]http://youtu.be/GbE_QDGPv4M[/video]

Bimbler
    Free Member

Loads to do and see on North Norfolk coast, Cromer seems to be on the up a bit but just a tad UK seaside grotty. Sheringham and Wells next the Sea are nicer seaside towns. Holt and Burnham Market are posh inland towns. Great fish and chips in Holt. Muckleburgh collection if military vehicles are your thing, seal watching at Blakeney, massive beach at Holkham great for kites, horse riding, Holkham Hall. North Norfolk railway if steam trains float your boat. Sheringham Country Park, nice walks etc.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

thanks folks, if that eye is still there, its gonna have a bashing.

pictonroad

Leave it and head round the coast towards Old Hunstanton through all the nice bits.

toppers3933
    Free Member

The cafe above the lifeboat museum near the old lifeboat station do a good bit of food. And a good coffee too. Other than that go along the coast to wells. Or seal trips from blakeney(?).

cotic853
    Free Member

You’ve not mentioned any two wheeled activity as part of your long weekend but the ‘high’ ground of the Cromer ridge provides some of the best riding Norrfolk has to offer……Pretty Corner, Roman Camp, Sheringham Park and Holt Lowes all have lots of routes in them

midlifecrashes

Since it’s a long weekend you’ll likely have enough time to do the Mundesley Maritime Museum just along the coast, just fabulous. A bit further round to the east you can visit Happisburgh with a lighthouse straight out of a Cath Kidston design. Then you’re at Sea Palling and almost at the Broads.

cotic853
    Free Member

No one has mentioned Holt. Lots of independent and expensive shops and Byford’s a quirky but good restaurant and deli. Overstrand just a short cliff top walk from Cromer is a small but unspoilt village and a good cafe, White Horse pub and Sea Marge restaurant. In Cromer Number 1 fish and chips has won awards and is just above Cromer Eye ! Have a great weekend

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

thanks everyone, some great feedback, i might actually throw the bike in 🙂

Kunstler

You can go to Wells, ride through the pinewoods and Holkham park, paddle in the sea and if the sun is out and the tide is high, sit on the deck of the Albatros sipping ale and watching the sunset. If you stay long enough and the music and chat is good the boat may just stay open into the night.
    The rest of Norfolk is a wasteland.

colournoise

As said drive to Wells and walk the beach/woods. One of my favourite walks (even taking into account the Lakes, Wales and Scotland).

Fish and chips wise, try No 1 at Cromer (owned by Galton Blackiston) or trek to Hunstanton and the South Vegas chip bar.

lapierrelady

Road ride: from Cromer along coast road to Cley next the Sea, go along main road through Holt then right in Kelling to back roads it.
    MTB ride: Kelling heath
    Run: Sheringham Park, down to the sea and back, bonus steps on the viewing towers
    Visit: Felbrigg Hall, my mum helps in the garden
    Cinema: Regal in Cromer. One screen has a Wurlitzer
    Pub: The Pigs in Edgefield

piemonster

If it’s not too late, boat trip to the seal colony at Blakeney point

Kunstler

As said drive to Wells and walk the beach/woods. One of my favourite walks (even taking into account the Lakes, Wales and Scotland).

Through the woods and out to Gun Hill by Scolt Head is one of my favourite rides anywhere (when you know which paths to take) and I live in Scotland.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘what to do in and around Cromer?’ is closed to new replies.