Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What to do…
  • wergsy

Currently blasting about on a full rigid 27.5 plus (Tarn 10), having thoughts about trading in for a full suss (calibre bossnut) – advice wanted on is it worth upgrading to? Benefits of a full susser? Never owned one so any advice appreciated…

Ride all terrain but mainly rooty, gravel, based tracks…

Cheers

jamesoz

I may be out of date but going from a highish end rigid bike to a low end full suss bike may be a bit disappointing.

jam-bo

Dirt seem to rate it.

Calibre Bossnut V2

Poopscoop

There is a big, big thread on here regarding a problem with the bossnut having clearance issues on the rear triangle meaning people were having the tyre hitting the seat tube on full compression.

I haven’t checked back on it for ages to see if current bikes in store have the same issue potentially.

A quick search of the site will throw it up.

Consensus seemed to be that it’s a great value FS as long as you don’t get one with the clearance issue.

tomhoward

The v2 has apparently addressed the clearance issues, not sure if they are in shops yet though?

kayak23

[video]http://youtu.be/Ptk3qUDlj_o[/video]

wergsy

Looks a decent rig for £1k, decisions, decisions..

coomber
    Free Member

I love the look of the tarn. The discounted price you can get them for now might effect what you do as you might not get the price you were thinking second hand.

Bossnut had issues. But admitted them and to be fair seemed to be dealing with it very well without issue. Wouldn’t put me off.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What to do…’ is closed to new replies.