Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • What to do…
  • bearnecessities

Yesterday, I spent all day in sun.

I then got peshed.

I then got on the internet, and posted on here something I am very ashamed of. Not for the intent (I know what I’m like, but also know I’m responsible for what comes out of my cake hole), but for what happened as a result. It started off as a drunken over-opinionated view of people on here, well-meaning though (I only like this place for the humour aspect -I avoid politics or contentious issues etc) but I edited my post as to not cause offence and what I ended up posting really did look like some sickening arse licking. When I woke up in the morning, I couldn’t defend what I posted, as it looked ridiculous.

I know that arse licking is not my game – I appease no-one in life for acceptance, which only helps my solitary lifestyle.

…but what to do now? I like it here. There’s some nice people and some posts which make me laugh. It’s also nice to help someone with an request for something if I can.

Genuinely confuddled.

I think probably I should bugger off, as reading my own post, I would think I was a dick. I just don’t want to 🙁

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Forget about it. Who cares.

🙂

Dickyboy

give im a spade

bearnecessities

Forget about it. Who cares.

Me 😳

crikey
    Free Member

Relax.

We are all allowed to be knobs from time to time.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I would say don’t take it too seriously. It’s not as though you were advocating ethnic cleansing or deciding to declare your admiration for Jimmy saville. You did, however, reveal an apparently overwhelming man crush on samuri. For this only, I say har – har. Other than that, there are bigger things to get wound up about. 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I know that arse licking is not my game

It seemed like your game to me, and probably quite a few others too.

I suggest you even things out a bit by throwing some insults around, preferably aimed at the mods.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

At the end of the day, its just the same as getting trollied and slurring “I loves ya I does” to everyone within stumbling distance, which is always good for a bit of ribbing but really does no harm after a few days have past… the only difference here is that it is written down on record and can be retrieved for merriment and joshing purposes forever more.

All told, it’s affectionate and funny, rather than vitriolic nastiness, so all is well in the cosmos 😀

Drac

Most people would have forgot others not seen it but now people will look for it. 😆

bearnecessities

It seemed like your game to me, and probably quite a few others too.

That’s the problem for me, the over-editing of something ended up so sycophantic.. You know when you don’t bother explaining something to someone because it just looks like a set of excuses? That’s where I’m at. So should I just suck it up and bugger off, because I don’t want anyone to think that’s me, but yet that’s all they have to judge me by…

I’m so pissed with myself. What I like about here is you just get judged by what you say/do, and I know I am not a knob, yet I’ve done an exemplary job of posting something which makes me look like one 🙁

matt_outandabout

Who are you? 😉

patriotpro
    Free Member

Well Drac has a point, here you go – http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/my-analysis-of-stw

Junkyard
    Free Member

Relax.

We are all allowed to be knobs from time to time.
    This

and in the scheme of STW that thread was nothing

I think probably I should bugger off, as reading my own post, I would think I was a dick. I just don’t want to

You have this wrong you have to leave because we are all dicks surfmat style 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the over-editing of something ended up so sycophantic

😀 Oh ffs. I doubt anyone thought that. The ones who made the comments probably did so as they were miffed you hadn’t included them.

bearnecessities

Most people would have forgot others not seen it but now people will look for it.

Meh, so what. A conscious is a conscious.

RustySpanner

I think probably I should bugger off, as reading my own post, I would think I was a dick. I just don’t want to

Don’t worry about it in the slightest – have you seen some of the bollocks posted on here?

If I could delete the posts I’m ashamed of there’d hardly be any left 😀

Oh, and if you’re really ashamed of anything you’ve written, just claim you were joking – it seems to work for pretty much everyone else. 🙂

bearnecessities

patriotpro – Member

Well Drac has a point, here you go – http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/my-analysis-of-stw

Class, thanks.

leffeboy

…but what to do now?

I then got peshed

You know what you have to do young skywalker

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Ah, the Edinburgh defence…

slackalice
    Free Member

Possibly conscience? You are clearly conscious as you have managed to type. 😉

If your original intent was honourable, then no harm done. Chill out, no need to overthink it and try not to engage with the chatterbox within 😀

Have a good evening chap.

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Are you sober now ? Yesterday’s post is a non issue.

bazwadah
    Free Member

bearnecessities – I haven’t forgotten the effort you went to in organising the balloons for Bruders 5 months ago, by my reckoning that excuses you an alcohol-fueled post every now and then. Actions louder than words and all that.. 🙂

bearnecessities

Possibly conscience?

That, is brilliant. Bloody spell-check.

Ah, the Edinburgh defence…

I never understood what the hell that meant and still don’t. Does it mean spending hours in the sun and drinking wine afterwards? 😳

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Alternatively, you could start another list, but this time put me on it. Validate me, Damn you!
    Edinburgh defence was (if I remember correctly) the excuse that an ex forum member made after unsuccessfully arguing for what seemed like forever, then when he finally realised he’d blown it, claimed he was only joking.

njee20
    Free Member

I read it, shrugged my shoulders and moved on, WGAS? Certainly not me.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

No one ever got banned from here by being complementary.

I have a self censoring policy where I’d never post something I wouldn’t be embarrassed by my grand mother reading.

She taught me to swear so it’s a pretty liberal threshold.

No one died. Some laughed. Murray won Wimbledon, Froome is still in yellow. Life goes on….

jekkyl

What time does it say on that expensive watch Bear? Yup time for bed, you should care less what people think and just be true to yourself.

bearnecessities

Are you sober now ?

Very much so, off to deliver public sector IT projects tomorrow 😀

Thank you for the forgiving comments. Guess that’s just what I wanted to hear; some affirmation that I’m not an arse and we all make mistakes. Internet, I guess it really is real 😳

I still love Samuri though 😀

slackalice
    Free Member

Internet, I guess it really is real

No, it’s all an illusion.

MoreCashThanDash

Mate, I’ve posted some real shite on here over the years, upset some people and made myself look a complete fool. Just apologise and then move on. Too much navel gazing isn’t healthy, especially on here.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

No one ever got banned from here by being complementary.

Yes, you fit in very well

binners

I thought it was quite sweet

*pats bearnecessities on the head*

thegreatape
    Free Member

bearnecessities

what to do…

Forget about your worries and your strife.

maccruiskeen

I have a self censoring policy where I’d never post something I wouldn’t be embarrassed by my grand mother reading.

I think if I used that policy…. limited my conduct only to what would be considered acceptable by my foul-mouthed cockney granny……there’d be big, big trouble.

I think the OP is one of the forum’s gentlemen. We can think of forumites that get more wrong in every post than BN did in one tipsy bear-hug. It might have been a mis-judged post but obviously not ill-intended, otherwise it would have run to 20 pages by now and half a dozen folk would have been banned and then weighed back in with new accounts.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh, so it was just because you were drunk was it? And here was me thinking we had a special connection, you know, I thought you really cared. It was just a drunken fling, was it?

*Sulks moodily*

patriotpro
    Free Member

Class, thanks.

I’ll admit to searching the thread before readin Drac’s comment but had no intention of posting it til after Drac’s comment so basically, you have Drac to thank for it.

That aside, I wouldn’t worry too hoots about your post, at least it was entertaining!

JEngledow
    Free Member

Pigface
    Free Member

Is this the STW equivalent to the walk of shame?

Coyote
    Free Member

Just bumped it for you so people don’t have to look very hard. Don’t thank me. :thumb:

chewkw
    Free Member

I am watching you lot … 😈

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘What to do…’ is closed to new replies.