Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • What Time Is It? It’s Weekend Ride Pictures Time Of Course.
  • singlespeedstu

Show us all what you’ve been up to ride wise?
    Pedal over to Yair for me this morning to clear a track that’s been encroached on by the trees.
    A few people had been hitting the sticky out rocks on the wall trying to stay out of the trees so I gave the a major trim.
    Then a ride up to the 3 Bros and headed home via Abbotsford.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nu3zNi]Track brashed. No more crashing into the wall.😉[/url] by StuartBrettle, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2nu3Q4x]2022-06-24_01-59-26[/url] by StuartBrettle, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2nu3z9Y]Avenue[/url] by StuartBrettle, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2nu569d]Abbotsford[/url] by StuartBrettle, on Flickr

Tracey

We have just arrived at Lake Lugano for the first couple of days of our trip

Was hoping to get a ride in later but sat in the camper in the middle of a thunderstorm.
    Didn’t have a good start. Power surge problems on Wednesday night blew the fuses in both garage and house alarms.
    Electrician mate sorted them out and checked everything else out but still surging
    Rang power company who couldn’t get anyone out till yesterday morning by which time the full lane had no power.
    Couldn’t access the garage door with no power so a delayed start
    Camper fridge wouldn’t swap to leasure or gas but worked on hook up so we bundled everything in and just managed to get to the tunnel in time.
    Fridge and freezer full with no cooling was a bit stressful.
    Couldn’t sort it at the tunnel. Pulled up in Strasbourg to fill up at 6 this morning and grab a couple of hours sleep Tried it again and it’s all working normal 😅

Time to relax with a gin

Marin
    Free Member

You can visualize me going up Langdale then Wrynose, Dudon Valley, Torver then ODG. I’ll look great!

colournoise

Very quick local spin this evening. Racing the curry delivery driver to get back home in time.

2022 06 24 Ride 044 03

2022 06 24 Ride 044 01

2022 06 24 Ride 044 05 wide 02

2022 06 24 Ride 044 06 macro

reluctantjumper

Been a week off for me this last week but I only managed to get out on the bike once so far, on Thursday so I’ll count that as my long weekend. Just a quick loop of the Cafall at Cwmcarn in the muggy midday heat.

[url=https://postimages.org/]image uploading[/url]

Nearly didn’t get to ride as I didn’t realise they have started charging for the car park again but the visitor centre let me pay by card so disaster averted.

BMCC Saturday, (or Dirt Farm, stupid name change) in the rain so could be interesting. Will also be the first time this year I’ve ridden outdoors twice within a week of each other!

sharkattack

Just checked out my first Velosolutions pump track. It’s fast!

I’m still recovering from covid and glandular fever so 1 lap feels equivalent to a dozen dead lifts.

Good fun zooming around though. I had the place to myself for about 3 minutes before the scooters started taking over. It’s unrideable when it’s full of kids.

Starting early…

33tango

3-DCEE2-FF-C1-ED-4-F99-AA30-20156796-D513

Just under 40km before it got too hot in Torreveija

kayak23

The Wolds of Cots.

jam-bo

95% dry.

5% drowned.

that one got me about 2km from home. Soaked to the skin and sunny again by the time I was putting my bike away.

cb200
    Free Member

Local route, and the cherries are ripe for picking. There must be hundreds of thousands of cherries on eleven enormous trees

Jamze

Breezy, sun and showers this morning. Local hills after breakfast for a couple of hours.

rOcKeTdOg

2022-06-25_04-37-28

IMG_20220624_150639_993

tuboflard

Proper mixed bag of weather. Sun and biblical skies all within an hour on the outskirts of Sheffield.

jimmy748

Out round Puddletown this morning, caught a small bramble that ended up inside my little finger which wasn’t pleasant.

Tracey

After last night’s storms we woke to clear blue sky’s and a forcast of temps in the mid thirties.

Felt sorry for some of the campers who’s tents hadn’t survived the deluge and the pop top Transporters who were trying to dry out the insides.

Decided to put on the walking shoes and go and explore the surrounding hills rather than ride. Glad we did as a beer stop of was 32 degrees in the shade.

Did just over 15 miles but the heat was sapping

First beer back at the van didn’t touch the sides

bigdaddy

A solo blast around Surrey hills for me, Ranmore, Holmbury and Leith hill. Lovely morning for it!

Ranmore common

tenfoot

" alt="Back O’Skiddaw" />

Back O’Skiddaw today. Parkamoor yesterday

" alt="Parkamoor " />

dknwhy

Local loop on new (to me) North Downs trails. Brambles and nettles in full force (dickheads). Wheat fields made me feel like Maximus

reluctantjumper

Did a great day at BMCC today, had a strange mix of weather all day! Mostly dry but the odd heavy shower but the ground never got greasy, just endless grip.

Some great trails there so looks like it’ll be the first of many visits there.

Tracey

Hot again but needed a ride. Set of up into the hills at the back of Lake Lugano armed with what bits were on Trailforks, a chat with some locals and the Outdoor active app. Climbing in the heat was hard but worth it. Can’t beat exploring.

Starting to get used to the new bike

Dip in the lake and a cold beer were welcome

Off to Lake Garda tomorrow on the next leg of the trip

soundninjauk

More local exploring for gravel routes. Out west from town this time, some stuff I’ve ridden before but never tried to join it up into a 2 hour loop from home. Plenty of edges of fields…

colournoise

Bit breezy out this morning, so took the big bike and stayed in the trees on the more playful stuff.

2022 06 26 Ride 045 01

2022 06 26 Ride 045 05 wide B

2022 06 26 Ride 045 08 macro

2022 06 26 Ride 045 04

ta11pau1

@tenfoot that climb on back o’ skiddaw, brings back PTSD! That was the first climb of the first day of a 5 days lakes trip that I was not ready for.

halifaxpete

Windy but enjoyable Hurstwood loop this morning

tenfoot

@tenfoot that climb on back o’ skiddaw, brings back PTSD! That was the first climb of the first day of a 5 days lakes trip that I was not ready for.

@ta11pau1
    – ahem – might have pushed some of it.

My trip to Le Mans and a heavy cold proceeding it messed up my training, and weight loss programme. Hard work.

vmgscot

Rhins of Galloway

MrSparkle

phil5556

Am evening cruise for me getting a few miles on the new bike. Cut it a bit short as it was beginning to get dark and I didn’t fancy the road without any lights.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.