Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 130 total)
  • What time do you eat tea??
  • curto80
    Free Member

Cougar, you are so horribly wrong amd misguided.

curto80
    Free Member

People who think that any basic sort of level of civility means being “posh” also remind me of my mother in law.

Cougar

Thanks! I do try so.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    29erKeith
    Free Member

Firstly Tea is a drink 😉
    Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner! late smaller dinner called Supper is acceptable too
    brunch or elevenses are descriptive and accurate so just about ok too 🙂

In hospital far to bloody early, the whole food day is too compressed imo, breakfast 9, lunch 12, dinner 17-17:30.

At home, dinner if eating with the little man 5:30-6ish before bed at 7-7:30.
    Nursery days where he has dinner there, the wife and I eat about 7:30-8 after bed time.

curto80
    Free Member

Oh hang on, this was a trick question. A bit like the old “plane crashes on the border between two countries, where do you bury the survivors?”. Very good.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Whenever the butler awakes from his afternoon nap.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

People who talk about civility whilst sneering remind me of are arseholes

GrahamS

How are all these posters managing to have dinner at 5 or 5:30??

What time do you finish work that you can pick up the kids, get them sorted and start cooking dinner so you can sit down to it at 5?

curto80
    Free Member

Sneering? Weird thing to say.

singletrackmind

1700 – 1730 usually . Brekkie is at 0500 , brekkie #2 at 0830, lunch at 1200.
    If I can squeeze in a ride or windsurf after work then sometimes tea is 7pm .

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

curto80 – Member
    Sneering? Weird thing to say.

Not when he’s sneering at other people himself, though. Or should that be, a REALLY weird thing to say as a result of that?

curto80
    Free Member

No idea, my brain hurts!

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

It’s tea FFS and a bath is a bath, not a barth. Bloody southern/posh shandies 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How would you know, Jim? Everyone knows Northerners don’t wash.

😉

curto80
    Free Member

Genuine question: up norf would you phone a restaurant to ask for a table reservation for tea?

peteimpreza

Tea is taken in the afternoon.

Supper is when we are ready, 7pm to 9pm.

We go out for dinner.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

No, you just join the back of the queue.

GrahamS

The chip shop doesn’t take reservations.

Neither does Greggs.

bruneep

Cougar – Moderator

You eat your young?

Only on a super moon

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Genuine question: up norf would you phone a restaurant to ask for a table reservation for tea?

I’d ask for a table reservation for X people at Y time. I might request a bottle of red or brown sauce at the table.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A Northern restaurant, pictured earlier this evening;

Solo
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    Thanks! I do try so.

Well, you could start by trying to practice typing your smileys the way everyone else usually does. You know?, eyes first, smile last…
    😉

Keeping with the secondary theme of the thread…
    People who refer to dinner as “tea” remind me of…..Nope! I’m not going to insult them.
    After all, they already know they’re wrong and lets face it. Who needs to argue?

Oh dear Lord.
    Protect us from the Vikings, The Hungarian arrow and those who refer to the evening meal, using a word we use to describe a drink.
    😆

GrahamS

Again though, how the hell are people managing to sit down to “evening meal” at 5??

Especially the southerners who apparently spend hours commuting every day?

Are you on half days or do you just start at 5am?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Especially the southerners who spend hours commuting every day?

Commuting? None of us work down here, Graham. We’re all too busy counting our money.

😉

Solo
    Free Member

Trailrider Jim 
    Member It’s tea FFS and a bath is a bath, not a barth. Bloody southern/posh shandies

Oh, no, it is Barth. But fear not, None taken.
    😆

fathomer

Dinner / tea / evening meal, what every you want to call it, normally 19.30

singletrackmind

6am actually.
    and I go to work to work, not piss around posting on STW every 20 mins, So i get to finish at 3ish . Home by 4pm most days , eating dinner at 5.30pm is normal to me.

Solo
    Free Member

I might request a bottle of red or brown sauce at the table.

Nice, like your style, ordering your drinks in advance of your arrival.
    Do you request the bottle be served at a specific temperature?

sockpuppet

One DRINKS Tea, then one EATS Dinner. One does not EAT Tea…….

Except High Tea, naturally. Otherwise I concur.

Solo
    Free Member

I go to work to work, not piss around posting on STW every 20 mins

One of the best posts on STW, EVER!

LMAO!
    😆

GrahamS

6am actually.

So how do the kids get to school/nursery? Or are they older?

Ours are 5 and 2. The earliest our wraparound childminder and nursery will take them is 8am.

Genuinely interested in how other people manage this as I think our routine is crap (half 9 now and we’ve just got the kids settled. We’ll probably flop into bed within the hour)

shermer75
    Free Member

Tea at 17.30 sounds good to me. Then another one at 21.00 (a bit like breakfast, but that’s 7.00am and 10.30 🙂 )

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

How are all these posters managing to have dinner at 5 or 5:30??
    What time do you finish work that you can pick up the kids, get them sorted and start cooking dinner so you can sit down to it at 5?

This!

Days the wee one is at nursery leave work at 5, get him 5:15, home for 5:30 to rush something onto the table for him as he’s proper starving by then. Wife gets home at 6 (works out of town) and we eat together at 7:30. Days he’s not at nursery I work later to make up my hours, get home 6:30-7 in time to see him before bed, wife and I still eat at 7:30.

The thing that pains me most is not getting to eat as a family during the week but its impossible to make it work with our current arrangements, I guess it will get easier as he gets older and can eat later.

chakaping
    Free Member

Again though, how the hell are people managing to sit down to “evening meal” at 5??

I don’t do 9-5 and I work from home.

Bunnyhop

In our northern household ‘tea’ is before 7pm ‘Dinner’ is after. Oh and my husband says I’m posh because I refuse to eat in the street.

Evening meal is 6.30 – 7pm depending on what I’ve cooked
    On night ride night 5.30pm
    At weekends when we look after our nephew its 5-6pm

smatkins1
    Free Member

As a kid with northern parents dinner was at 12, tea was at 4:30pm and supper was at 7pm. Obviously there was a breakfast in the morning. I don’t know if that’s typical behaviour for northern folk.

I’ve now managed to switch to calling the mid-day meal lunch (otherwise that oddity of brunch wouldn’t make sense) and the evening meal dinner. I’ve come to accept it’s not normal for dinner to occur before 6pm (unless kids are involved) and usually a lot later. I do struggle not to have food in my hand when the clock hits mid-day though!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Every evening I drive home from work, open the door at 5:45 , hang up my jacket, walk into the dining room and sit down at the head of table, surrounded by the adoring faces of my waiting children, at which point my wife appears from the kitchen and sits my dinner on the table in front of me.

Sounds idyllic doesn’t it?

Before anyone blows a gasket about how this sort of mysoginistic chauvinism should not be tolerated in the modern world let me explain………

If I DON’T arrive from work at exactly the right time and immediately bolt down my dinner, then whichever of the kids is due to be at football / music lessons / swimming / Boys Brigade / Girls Brigade will be late and, crucially, it will be ALL MY FAULT! Domestic bollocking ensues.

The carefully timed routine of kids activities / baths / stories / brushing teeth etc. MUST NOT be disrupted.

I’m a victim of the system, yer honner!

nbt

not it’s bloody not, tea is after I get home from work, dinner is what I eat AT work.

cue arguments about dinner ladies and me sleeping in the spare bedroom tonight…

Gary_M
    Free Member

not it’s bloody not, tea is after I get home from work, dinner is what I eat AT work.

I have lunch at work, dinner usually between 6:30pm and 7:30pm. I ride home from work most days so don’t get home till 6:30.

peterfile
    Free Member

Breakfast 6
    Lunch 12
    Dinner 8

Supper in our house (not posh) was something light to eat near bedtime.

Tea is a drink. High Tea is eating out for old people.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘What time do you eat tea??’ is closed to new replies.