Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • What the noisiest bike you've ridden?
  • deepo
    Free Member

I’ve a trek remedy and it’s a noisy bugger! It creaks at the back end and all noises are amplified by the big boxy tubes, add in my hope pro 2 hub and there’s no sneaking up on anyone!!!
    This is by far the noisiest bike I’ve owned, what about you?

matt_outandabout

Everyone – it is the owner going ‘whoooooooop!’ at the top of his voice that is the worst noise. 😳

elliott-20
    Free Member

An Intense M1 with ZZYZX forks. That thing creaked, rattled and clanged all over the place.

banks
    Free Member

Same bike but with rubber queens, I love all the noises bar chain slap

Rorschach
    Free Member

GW
    Free Member

M1 here too.. sounded like a cowbell over the slightest chatter.. (oranges are pretty bad but not in the same league) having said that Dirt Jumping on a borrowed Orange Missile was the probably scariest tho, the amplification through that downtube from a loose headset cup moving around every pump and landing made me give it back pretty quick.

amsterdan
    Free Member

Trek remedy no creaking but bad chain slap

Northwind

Cracked, worn out 224. All the usual cutlery-drawer effects plus a ton of extras just for that bike. Seemed louder than my motorbike.

wallop

My cotic soul creaks like a mofo, gets right on my bluetits.

Kato

Whyte Preston

_tom_
    Free Member

My bike after riding Woburn in the wet yesterday, my drivetrain sounds horrible 🙁

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Ibis Mojo and Whyte E120 probably tie for the noisiest, followed closely by a Cannondale Raven… and that’s coming from someone who has an Orange DH bike!

davidjohn
    Free Member

My new fat bike with 4.7″ knobby tires when riding on the bitumen .. Wrrrr wrrrrrr wrrrrrrrrr like a 4×4 with mud tires on the highway.. 😀

DJ

Onzadog
    Free Member

Honda sp2 with a pair of blue flame exhausts. Starting that up would set off the car alarm next door.

onandon
    Free Member

I had 2006 specialized fsr which made a racket whenever it turned a wheel.
    Total pos, I’d never have another specialized bike as long as I live.

kayak23

Sheila

bullheart
    Free Member

Stacey from Deighton in Huddersfield.

She hit all the notes. Frightened the bejesus out of me, and my first introduction to Kirklees women…

EDIT: Damn you to hell and back, you paddling bugger!!!!!

Gorehound
    Free Member

Trek Ex8 it’s sounded like a rusty wheelbarrow from new.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I had a hack bike that was built up from some very worn out parts I had (& scrounged) on a Claude Butler frame I got from eBay. It was so noisy I didn’t need a bell on the towpaths as people heard it coming. Despite it’s noise it rode really well and was quite light. My sisters ex borrowed it, then their relationship ended, I asked for it back and he confessed it had been stolen, however he had ‘priced similar up’ and handed me £300. The bike only cost me about £100. Result.

kayak23

🙂 @ bullheart

Mantastic
    Free Member

Shelia? you humping my auntie?

wwaswas

My C456.

Sounded like a tupperware box full of marbles on any fast downhills with stones on.

With a nice clikcy Hope Pro2 to add tot he general racket.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Whyte E120 with Hope hubs, or the GoCycle I was loaned for a while. He latter more for the “wooooooohooooooooo!” Factor!

(It had been chipped! )

hoodie
    Free Member

My Grifter circa 1983 with a lolly pop stick stuck through the brake calliper….motorbiketastic

mattbee

My San Andreas with Stratos triple clamps was a proper noisy bugger. Sounded like I was pusking a Connex full of drumkits off a cliff….

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I hear this terrible whining noise from my mates bike when it goes up hill!

ThePinkster

My Marin Quake FRS – ride on any vaguely loose surface and the monocoque rattled like a baked bean tin filled with rusty nuts.

dantsw13

Are we talking about the inherent noise from the frame/bearings or creaky cranks/saddle and rattly drivetrain here? Surely the latter is about spannering?

bullroar
    Free Member

Orange sub5, it can start the day silent as sleeping baby. Gradually various elements of the cutlery drawer orchestra would tune up and by the end of a ride the whole lot was going full bore. Nothing the conductor could do about it. Adding a set of Juicy 3’s beefed up the percussion wing of the orchestra to good effect.

Dibbs
    Free Member

My KTM Duke 690 with Akrapovic exhaust is quite loud, a mate of mine had a Quake FRS and that was a noisy bike. I had a a PRST-1 and a PRST-4 and never found the that noisy.

jedi

my hotta monocoque time trial bike with disc wheel sounded like a jet fighter! 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

all my bikes are, for the most part, silent, I don’t think I could have it any other way. The noisiest bike I’ve followed was a carbon fs whyte every time it changes gear almight bass thump, sounded like a kick drum with a pillow in it.

deepo
    Free Member

Dantsw13- The creak I refered to in my OP I think is mechanical, although bearings, crank, pivot points, seat, free hub, pedals and chain/seat stays have all been checked, maintained and lubed/ grease where necessary but I still think something’s up! Everything else is the inherent noise that the frame amplifies and makes sound “tinny”, regardless of the creak, the remedy still makes a lot of noise!

crotchrocket
    Free Member

GSX-R750 with a Ti race system fitted.
    The wife said my dog would get up an go and sit by the front door 15mins before I arrived 😀

bennyboy1
    Free Member

The Pinkster – I’m in agreement with you, I used to have a ’97 Marin Quake 9.0 FRS – noisiest bike ever!

Not mine but someone on Retrobike has been busy updating a 1997 frame!

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/files/sp_a0049_763.jpg

banjax34
    Free Member

Suzuki DR800 …biggest single cylinder trailbike ever produced, bit loud 😆

D0NK

mmmbop with pro2 freehub. When roads are wet even the tiny bits of grit from front wheel spray hitting the downtube seems really loud.

although special mention must go to my c456, the sq taper cranks on it are knackered and what I’m sure would be a slight creaking on a skinny tubed frame is amplified by the big box down tube into a horrendous creak/crack/creak/crack. before cranks went all funny it was a pretty quiet bike.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Trek Y22. Massive carbon monocoque acted as a huge resonating chamber. Simple things like cable slap were distractingly loud.

My halifax recycled filing cabinet is airwolf whisper mode by comparison.

dantsw13

Deepo, in that case that’s really annoying!! I’m lucky my Heckler has high chainstays, so I don’t get chainslap. My old Cannondale had a creaky saddle that was structurally solid, but sounded like the floorboards in a haunted house – I had to replace it as it drove me nuts!!!

titusrider
    Free Member

My Mojo isnt too loud but does make some noise, problem is the noise sounds like its all in the swingarm/ generally behind you.

therefore i spend alot of my rides looking for the ghostly pro DH racer that seems to want to overtake…..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘What the noisiest bike you've ridden?’ is closed to new replies.