Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • what the hell is the problem with my laptop
  • aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

(Vista Home/4gb of RAM/AMD64) keep getting a message saying my C drive is nearly full, I check the computer and low and behold the drive is nearly full – big red line and all that

doesn’t matter how many times i remove some program the line or amounts of gigs used doesn’t go down (in fact a couple of times it went up)

Using Revo Uninstaller and “yes” I am refreshing the computer details 🙄 I’m dumb but not that dumb

dawson

have you got some back up software, that is inadvertently backing up to the c: drive and filling itself up?

i have experienced this on some IBM laptops that come pre-installed with Rescue and recovery software.

have a look on the web for a piece of software called Spacemeonger – it gives you a graphical representation of what is using up the space

jon1973
    Free Member

don’t forget to clear out the recycle bin?

clareymorris

ithasnotgotwheels

Trampus
    Free Member

Vista is particularly vicious in setting system restore points. Delete all but the last one, you will be surprised by how much disk space you recover, especially if your installation is mature!

samuri
    Free Member

You can right click each directory and determine where the space is being used but as Trampus says, the restore points that vista uses are quite bizarre and grab masses of space. You’ll find them soon enough by right clicking and selecting properties for each root folder and then working your way down from there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘what the hell is the problem with my laptop’ is closed to new replies.