Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • What the hell does "poking the sponge" mean?
  • Northwind

teasel – Member

I’ve actually ‘said’ nothing

Except for your mad rant anyway

perchypanther
    Free Member

Please, do not poke the sponge 😉

teasel
    Free Member

Except for your mad rant anyway

I wrote some things, I didn’t say anything.

Esme
    Free Member

Hey you lot, just because you’ve found out what “poking the sponge” means, you don’t have to keep doing it 🙄

garage-dweller

You know how when you take the lid off a can of worms how hard it is to put it back on because they’re all out and wriggling away over the floor.

teasel
    Free Member

Don’t worry, guys – I’m oot.

Not worth it…

*captures worms and places them in can*

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

(Wonders quietly if Drac has ever ridden a Cove G Spot)

Drac

Yes I have.

Northwind

teasel – Member

I wrote some things, I didn’t say anything.

Oh dear

teasel
    Free Member

It’s a fact, isn’t it. The fact there is no associative tone is what makes the written word so hard to understand.

So, y’know, don’t be such a dick about it, eh. [/serious]

Edit : And stop trying to create the illusion that I’m bonkers or whatever you’re trying to do with that “oh dear” shit. More folk than me think Drac has issues and have claimed as much. It’s not just me and I’m not frothing or anything, just stating a fact – he shouldn’t be a mod on this or any other forum because he can’t be impartial.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Northwind

teasel – Member

Edit : And stop trying to create the illusion that I’m bonkers or whatever you’re trying to do with that “oh dear”

I’m not “trying to create the illusion that you’re bonkers”. I’m saying you’re being an arse. “I didn’t say anything, I wrote it” is absolutely pathetic.

Poopscoop

come on guys, I started this thread out of genuine curiosity. Didn’t want to cause a bust up.

I fought during the Ling Wars (1 tour, 5 days, 2017) I carry the scars. 😀

No more trench warfare please!

Have a pop at Trump. Makes me feel better anyway. 😛

teasel
    Free Member

“I didn’t say anything, I wrote it” is absolutely pathetic.

It’s a **** fact, you dense prick. Re-read my post – the nuance of speech is absent from this media.

Arse, my arse.

Jeez…

Poopscoop

Come on, breath guys, breath!

There’s a lot of buried emotion here obviously but all of this must have been said before surely.

I don’t want to see anyone banned over a dumb thread I started. 🙁

teasel
    Free Member

You’re right.

**** y’all…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s a **** fact, you dense prick.

Once again, Mr Burgundy provides the only approx response;

Mark

…and you’re out of here.

..for a couple of days.

Poopscoop

teasel – Member
    You’re right.

I had to be right one day on here. Lol

Rorschach
    Free Member

…and you’re out of here.

vongassit
    Free Member

So its not ?

spawnofyorkshire

How i envisage teasel’s paranoid and sweaty flounce went down

Cougar

I’m never sure if I just don’t “get” Drac and he’s funnier than I think or whether on the rare occasions we do interact on here I’m just really ******* him off.

He can be a grumpy shit but he has a very dry sense of humour. In honesty, I can relate because I’d describe myself in the same way. I’ve met Drac, he’s honestly a good guy.

It’s very easy to come across badly in text-based communication, nuance is difficult and easily lost.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

More emoji in the new forum?

angeldust
    Free Member

teasel – Member

Edit : And stop trying to create the illusion that I’m bonkers or whatever you’re trying to do with that “oh dear” shit. More folk than me think Drac has issues and have claimed as much. It’s not just me and I’m not frothing or anything, just stating a fact – he shouldn’t be a mod on this or any other forum because he can’t be impartial.

To be fair to Teasel, this has come up numerous times (no, I haven’t recorded them :roll:, if I spent my time doing that I wouldn’t have the time to leave my desk to get breakfast :-)) but is tolerated for whatever reason.

Hardly worth getting angry about though.

Cougar – Moderator

It’s very easy to come across badly in text-based communication, nuance is difficult and easily lost.

Yep, the cause of most arguments on internet forums.

scotroutes

To be fair to Teasel, this has come up numerous times (no, I haven’t recorded them :roll:, if I spent my time doing that I wouldn’t have the time to leave my desk to get breakfast :-)) but is tolerated for whatever reason.
    [/quote]Really? Are folk confusing personal opinion (something the Mods are still allowed) with the Moderator role?

angeldust
    Free Member

Thats not the issue. The concern is where personal bias overtly interferes with what should be neutral moderation? It’s not so much about ‘being allowed’, rather is it the best system for a good forum? Perhaps that isn’t the aim.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘What the hell does "poking the sponge" mean?’ is closed to new replies.