Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 115 total)
  • What the bloody hell is wrong with some people?! 'I really do despair' content
  • yunki
    Free Member

ifeandy – Member
    Welcome to planet earth 2016.
    In a society where it is now socially and politically unacceptable to discipline children are we really surprised when they produce this behaviour?

heh! brilliant

yeah, cos in the 70s when we got beaten for every indiscretion, kid’s behaviour was impeccable..
    that’s why there was no need for borstals
    And the victorians with their well documented human rights abuses never had any problems from naughty kids either..

And now in the dark, chaotic days of 2016, crime rates have sky rocketed and no kids anywhere ever amount to anything!!

mudshark
    Free Member

IME litter has got worse since I was young so something has changed over time.

martinhutch

Is there any way of replacing it with a fabric structure that could be erected and dismantled for each course? Massive ball-ache, obviously, but rebuilding it and expecting a different outcome may be a disappointing experience.

Any kind of structure tends to attract feral kids who just want somewhere dry to drink cider and when drunk like to set fire to stuff or smash it up.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

mudshark – Member

Council cleansing budgets*

*semi-troll

willard

More MaccyD and fast food around, so more litter.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Just think. If we could merge Yunki and Fifeandy, we’d have a fairly sensible outlook. 8)

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Kids just think they are untouchable nowadays, in the ‘good-old-days’ they would be scared of their parents finding out, as in “wait ’til your father gets home”

alisonsmiles
    Free Member

When I lived in Eccles the local free paper did a headline about a thrush nesting in a set of traffic lights. I remember writing to them saying what were you thinking, putting that in the public realm. Next week’s paper had the headline you’d expect, nest destroyed. Then there were the youths arrested for throwing stones at cars from the bridge over the M602. On hitting the car windscreen and half destroying the face of a woman it all went to court where the youths apparently gave the explanation that they felt if they couldn’t have a car, then why should others.

I despair.

anagallis_arvensis

I have the little scrotes suffer a long and miserable death very soon

Nice proportionate response

km79
    Free Member

The size of the population mainly. About 9-10 million increase since 1970.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Nice proportionate response

Alternatively you could give them a hug? 😕

pictonroad

People vandalise flood defences constructed to protect their own properties. We had to replace several thousand pounds worth of optical level sensors recently. Someone had scaled a wall and climbed onto a gantry to hold a lighter under all the sensors. Can’t really see what pleasure they get out of that.

Happens weekly, pumping stations smashed up, oil poured into rivers, thankfully some of the metal thefts have dropped off now the price of scrap has dropped.

Sad isn’t it, what a great project from Mrs Binners, guess all you can do is replace it?

anagallis_arvensis

Alternatively you could give them a hug?

Thats right because there nothing between death or a hug!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

A tickle?

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Binners, I know it would only be a drop in the ocean but if there’s a fundraising page or any other way to donate towards the hide and help Mrs B get this back up and running I’d gladly donate.
    Every little helps n all that.

wilburt
    Free Member

It’s not people that have done it though is it?
    It’s messed up little kids..

Could be feral kids off the local estate, could be your mate’s kids kicking out at the world cos mum and dad are getting divorced or they can’t have an iphone, could be Tarquin from down the posh area rebelling cos dad gives his brother more attention.. Could be your own kids simply taking a bit of joy from destroying summink with a big fire

It’ll only ever get worse whilst there’s self righteous, angry grown men with kid’s attitudes failing to show compassion

(not having a dig at you there binners, your angry reaction is understandable)

This.

our kids are a product of the society we create.

mudshark
    Free Member

That could mean anything including that we’re not tough enough on them.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Parents both increasingly forced to work to pay the crazy mortgages and rents we have to pay these days compared to our folks in the 70s/80s, kids spending more time unsupervised. They get away with more minor stuff due to lack of supervision and push the boundaries of what they get up to.

km79
    Free Member

We should just stop making kids, these problems and many others would sort themselves out after a while.

…kids spending more time unsupervised.

Not just unsupervised but they are being ‘brought up’ by their peers more than their parents.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

In a different, but similarly stupid set of circumstances, the debt-relief charity MissStripes worked for and which I raised money for have been hacked and all personal data stolen. Damn low.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-36939284

They stole the old cats that were unsuitable for rehoming due to being mistreated and abused, cut their legs off while they were alive and used them for target practise, I sincerely hope they meet the same fate or worse.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Can’t really see what pleasure they get out of that.

If I was in charge I would have a sterilization program ready for people that do stuff like this.

It’s the only way forward for the human race, I’ve already seen reports that we are devolving…

Rockape63
    Free Member

They stole the old cats that were unsuitable for rehoming due to being mistreated and abused, cut their legs off while they were alive and used them for target practise, I sincerely hope they meet the same fate or worse.

Jeez….I was thinking I was a bit wild when a teenager, but those feckers are just sick in the head!

kayak23

Not just unsupervised but they are being ‘brought up’ by their peers Pokemon more than their parents.

FTFY

jam-bo

funny that, because I regularly see crappy facebook posts about how in the 70’s & 80’s people left the house in the morning and didn’t return til dark and roamed the streets free to do whatever they wanted.

cant have it both ways.

bored kids have always done stupid things.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Bored adults do as well.

Just check out this place 🙂

binners

I blame it on Wagon Wheels and Curly Wurly’s getting smaller. You can’t reduce the size of such staples of childhood and not expect serious repercussions

In better news, there have been pledges of funding this morning, due to the media coverage so the hide is going to be rebuilt. I don’t know out of what. Shrapnel, broken glass and the splintered bones of young offenders probably

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Disguise it as a library. It’s like kryptonite to them.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

bored kids have always done stupid things.

^^ this. It doesn’t make it any better, but let’s not go down the broken Britain route.

tod456
    Free Member

Sorry, have i may have missed it, but how we know it was “Kids”?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Muslamic terrorists?
    Juiced up pro cyclists?
    Momentum revenge for Binners posts on politics threads?
    The silent majority finally breaking cover?
    Ducks angry at their privacy being invaded?

zinaru
    Free Member

to the op – i find stories like this dismaying and less and less isolated. i share your wife and your anger.

I’m learned respect for the outdoors from my dad. even talking to many people around age, (I’m 42), a basic understand of nature/wild life/the local countryside may as well be written in hieroglyphics. as for the younger generation, i can only guess its even more abstract.

the sad reality is that we are surrounded by many stupid folk. saying that always makes me feel horrible but its true – simple stuff like closing a gate behind you or taking your litter home is just a step too far, never mind generally respecting whatever you find out there… just because you could wreck something doesn’t mean its actually a good idea.

i studied sculpture at art school and won a scholarship to german in the late 90s. i was amazed a how much you could get away with, in regards to public art. fragile or dangerous works were left alone as people simple knew to not go near. meanwhile returning back to scotland, the christmas tree at the foot of leith walk only have lights on the top quarter of the tree because folk steal or smash the bulbs. one of these small things that stick in my mind.

i sound like my dad now, no wonder i hide out in the country…

wilburt
    Free Member

That could mean anything including that we’re not tough enough on them.

Yep, probably wouldn’t happen in North Korea or Norway for different reasons though.

binners

Sorry, have i may have missed it, but how we know it was “Kids”?

Good point. It might well have been those two women from accounts on their way back from Greggs at lunchtime. They’ve always looked shifty, those two.

thecaptain
    Free Member

i share your wife and your anger.

Empathy can go too far…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

. i share your wife

Steady on there!

(Great minds…!)

zinaru
    Free Member

ho ho! thats not what i meant – honest!

cheese@4p

Vandalism seems irrational and annoys us grown ups. That’s why it has been around since teenagers were invented in the 50’s. It only takes a few bad uns to give the impression that there’s something wrong with “kids today”. I would go so far as to say that a certain level of anti-social behaviour and petty crime amongst the yoof is a necessary component of a healthy society.

binners

Thats a very JG Ballard way of looking at things

anagallis_arvensis

It’s the only way forward for the human race, I’ve already seen reports that we are devolving..

No such thing as devolving.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘What the bloody hell is wrong with some people?! 'I really do despair' content’ is closed to new replies.