Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What the blinkin' heck is the matter with me . . .
  • mamadirt
    Free Member

. . . I've just ended up on the floor again 🙄 . Another new pair of jeans ruined, hole in my other knee (did the left one twice last month), right crack to the side of my head and grazed cheek (face not arse). Slipped a pedal on the BMX on the way to meet my Mum from the bus stop. Is this recent complete lack of co-ordination an age thing? Am I on the slippery slope to a shopping bike 😥

I've been blaming my components (excuse to buy new stuff anyway) but I think I may have finally lost it 👿

AndyP
    Free Member

Jeans + BMX?
    You are either 9 years old, or Nathan Barley.

Jamie
    Free Member

Blame the weather. High winds etc.

AndyP – Member
    Jeans + BMX?
    You are either 9 years old, or Nathan Barley.

*snigger*

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mamadirt
    Free Member

No, old enough to know better AndyP.

Now I've just burnt my sausage 😉 . I blame the bang on the head. Wear a helmet folks! – I never want to feel that sick thud as my head hits tarmac again 😐

rOcKeTdOg

U R so Hardcore though Mama, you are just using up all your offs in a short space of time, you'll be crash free for ages after, so keep going!

crispybacon
    Free Member

mamadirt draws a crowd on the way to meet her mum……….. 😉

mamadirt
    Free Member

😆

U R so Hardcore though Mama, you are just using up all your offs in a short space of time, you'll be crash free for ages after, so keep going!

Nah, I'm just rubbish but I guess bad things come in three's. That's it – I'm off to the skatepark next week 😈

TimothyD
    Free Member

I don't know your age (i'm 29), but I have random phases where my coordination goes funny, and then it doesn't again.

My theory is that you have to keep tuned into your sense of balence and sense of what your body is doing, and do climbery things (being somebody who goes climbing) or walking along rockeries.

You have to keep tuned in. :@)

mamadirt
    Free Member

I've never had a sense of balance Timothy and at 51 I guess I'm not going to acquire one anytime soon 😉

Moses

It's them biorhythms wot done it. Either that or the phase of the moon.
    You'll be back to normal by next week.

Some of us are rubbish all the time, however.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Is it wet down your way? Its pouring here and would not even consider riding today in flats…. Heels all the way! 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Bushwacked – Member
    Is it wet down your way? Its pouring here and would not even consider riding today in flats…. Heels all the way!

Setup = 7/10
    Execution 10/10
    😉

TimothyD
    Free Member

Maybe try a wobble board mamadirt, or climbing up a slab or easy wall at a climbing wall near you?

It can be surprisingly fun if you've never tried it, climbing up things.

:O)

ton

mamad, ladies of a certain age have to slow down, or start getting a bit of help

evening primrose, hrt????? 😯 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Shall we plan Ton's funeral now?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Nah, he's probably right 😉 . No intentions of slowing down though 😈

Oh and wobble board and climbing wall where I work are great fun – I think the other members of nursery staff think they're meant for the kids 😕

WTF
    Free Member

I've just ended up on the floor again

Indoor cycling ?

robhughes
    Free Member

is your gravity sensor set too high. 😉

radoggair
    Free Member

I blame the bang on the head. Wear a helmet folks! – I never want to feel that sick thud as my head hits tarmac again

oh oh, schoolgirl error!! Always wear a helmet folks, it does come in handy other than death you know!!

Goz
    Free Member

MD, if you will insist on riding a clowns bike….

CountZero

Last time I decked my bike was at walking pace on a damp road turning onto a shared-use path on a dropped kerb. Both wheels went out from under me, left knee hit Tarmac, as did shoulder and cheek. Peak of my Xen stopped a bleeding scalp wound and possibly a trashed pair of prescription Oakleys, but my knee took ages to stop hurting, and the kneecap looks different to the right one, so I may have fractured it. Kneeling down is still, five months later, a bit iffy…
    Take it easy out there folks, and I hope your aches fade soon, Mamadirt. Good to see you're growing up disgracefully… :mrgreen:
    (I'm 55, and have no plans to start acting my age anytime soon).

mamadirt
    Free Member

Have similar knee issues too since the skate bowl incident last February 😕

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What the blinkin' heck is the matter with me . . .’ is closed to new replies.