Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • What SUP?
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

In stock, longer for the bigger bloke, full kit, inflatble? Bargain…

grum
    Free Member

(sorry)

Rubber_Buccaneer

Not sorry

cyclistm
    Free Member

Just recommending what I’ve got

CoolSurf – Sail 10’4″ Inflatable SUP Package

From sports pursuit

kayak23

I just bought an Aquaplanet Rockit.
    Really impressed with it.
    It came with everything including a clip on kayak seat for 340.

I’m maybe 80 odd kg and it seems spot on. They do bigger ones too.

Aquaplanet

It’s stable in the air, laterally stiff but vertically compliant. Or is that me bike? 🤔

Drac

TB Maritime but their site seems broken

https://wavesupboards.com Have bargain ones.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I’ve an aquaplanet pace. For a budget it seems ok @319 quid with everything to get you going…..and judging by the difficulty people get into with their pumps on other brands…..a fast decent quality pump…..

Have used better have used worse.

Wife’s taken a shine to mine so we are looking at a 12’6 to replace the pace. Probably just go back to aquaplanet as I’m not spending red money….even if they do feel considerably less flexy/more stable in swell.

nickname
    Free Member

Nice timing! I spent Saturday doing a SUP taster course, so much fun…spent today scouring the internet to figure out which one to buy.

I might hold out for the https://bluefinsupboards.com/ – cruise-12…sadly not in stock, but the 10.8 is (which suits upto 150kg).

Bluefin boards get decent reviews, but a bit more expensive for an entry-level board perhaps…

A couple of the SUP trainers were recommending the Decathlon ones too…

oldtennisshoes

ITWIT from Decathlon for mid range
    CoolSurf from SportPursuit for the cheaper alternative.
    We have both.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Similarly, aqua marina fusion with full kit was same price as itiwit 11′ one, although the itiwit is noticeable better.

AM was 385 from sup.co.uk with the extra 10% off for registering.

convert

As a relatively long ago purchaser of a sup who didn’t think about it at the time, after a walk down the beach this morning I REALLY hope that in a few years time we aren’t all kicking ourselves for all this PVC we’re buying and it all gets a good long used life. As a laminated pvc it’s not really destined for anywhere but landfill. Cheaper boards are more likely to be whim purchases and (I might be guessing/presuming too much here) are not manufactured to have the same lifespan. The recycling centres of the country could be littered with these things in 2 or 3 years.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, agreed.

How many cyclists recycle tyres though?

convert

How many cyclists recycle tyres though?

True. And all the other nasties we buy. It’s something about the physical size of a sup and the huge spike in purchases that had me thinking though. Mind you 1 family SUP bought for a staycation and then binned < 1 family flight to the med? No clue.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

If you can find one then the ITWIT from Decathlon, (10ft7″ from memory) is a solid option.
    I’ve found it no different than the other Red board I’ve been using, but much much cheaper – although looks like the decathlon range has changed since I bought mine.
    Had the ITWIT for at least 3years and no problems whatsoever, not had it in any waves (there aren’t any in Studland), so flat water and rivers etc.
    Being decathlon, it’s pretty easy if you have any problems.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

True. And all the other nasties we buy. It’s something about the physical size of a sup and the huge spike in purchases that had me thinking though. Mind you 1 family SUP bought for a staycation and then binned < 1 family flight to the med? No clue.

Aye, I’m with ya, pickles your head doesn’t it!.

One other positive of the itiwit over the cheaper aquamarina is the two way valve, to deflate the aquamarina properly, I have to wrestle all the air out of it while holding in the button presta style, not so with the itiwit.

The itiwit 12v pump is slow, no idea if other manufacturers are any better, but I can pump both SUPs up by hand in the time it takes the 12v to inflate one of them. Good workout too!.

trail_rat
    Free Member

The itiwit 12v pump is slow, no idea if other manufacturers are any better, but I can pump both SUPs up by hand in the time it takes the 12v to inflate one of them. Good workout too!.

I bloody hate the electric pump noise pollution .

No needin 90 % or more of cases.

CountZero

Nothing much, what’ssup with you?

5plusn8
    Free Member

Nothing much, what’ssup with you?

Busy trying to find an inflatable device designed for non-prone activities with an oar.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, but you’re the crabbitest man on STW!

geomickb
    Free Member

Get a long one, 12 foot unless you are surfing.

I have a McConks. I think it’s the middle ground, not cheapo and not fashionable Red.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aye, but you’re the crabbitest man on STW!

Woo an accolade

Fwiw . There’s a nice 3 barrel two way pump …..shame it costs 1/3rd the cost of my board – that said fast electric pumps ain’t cheap.

Pump quickly and quietly.

How big or high pressure would an airshot need to be to be useful 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lol!

Or use the SUP to seat yer tyre? Wife shits herself Every time I pop the valve 🤣

The aqua marina pump is pretty guid tbh.

phil5556

Mine’s some other make and yes it’s quite slow.
    I pumped our two boards up the other day, I gave the electric pump an 8psi head start and I still beat it by a couple of minutes and 2psi.

I assume they’re all the same.

I use the time to get sorted / changed / faff etc

nickname
    Free Member

Sooo I’ve just splashed a bunch of cash on a Hatha Orb after spending ages going back and forth between options – lots of companies seem to be getting new stock around this time 🙂

Wanted to ask, is anyone strapping their boardbag/pump onto the board whilst out paddling?

This is my intention as I’m about a 15 min walk from the sea and don’t drive, so will just carry everything. Not really keen on leaving stuff on the beach as I’d like to be out on the water for a while.

Anyone looked at these?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Two-Bare-Feet-Waterproof-Paddleboard/dp/B07DK7SSFN/ref=asc_df_B07DK7SSFN/
    https://supinflatables.co.uk/110-litre-dry-bag-for-paddleboarding-riding-not-hiding-grey.html

Mat

No needin 90 % or more of cases.

I know, knockburn, lovely peaceful isolated loch, then constant ppaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhn of little 12v pumps trying to inflate paddleboards!

nickname – we’ve got a tbf paddleboard that comes with that bag, yeah it seems ok, I’m not sure if something thinner would be better for strapping to your board with the pump in though?, its quite stout material with a solid plastic base so could be a bit bulky on the end of your board

trail_rat
    Free Member

Wanted to ask, is anyone strapping their boardbag/pump onto the board whilst out paddling?

I do when I can’t get the car near. Works fine in my case but bag is soft.

piemonster

I know, knockburn, lovely peaceful isolated loch, then constant ppaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhn of little 12v pumps trying to inflate paddleboards!

LOL, literally just tested a 12v pump to see what it’s like. Definitely a case of inflating prior to departure (I have a van but no suitable storage for a rigid/always inflated board) and inflation definitely wo t be very early in the morning as it’s a bit of a racket.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Just a note on bluefin, after your mention of them I noticed a hire place near me has some, asked them they said they were excellent and he got a deal as he bought 10 of them last year in Sept.

I might hold out for the https://bluefinsupboards.com/ – cruise-12…sadly not in stock, but the 10.8 is (which suits upto 150kg).

Bluefin boards get decent reviews, but a bit more expensive for an entry-level board perhaps…

Soooo I ordered last week on Monday, the in stock 10.8 with a free pump. I have yet to have a dispatch email and they don’t answer the phone or respond to emails or FB messages or support messages.
    When I looked at FB and their review sites I found literally 100’s of other people with similar issues…
    So avoid I think. I am going to try and cancel my order tomorrow if I cannot get a straight answer.
    Annoying as I went with them as they claimed to have stock.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘What SUP?’ is closed to new replies.