Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • What stupid thing have you done today?
  • pocpoc
    Free Member

Just managed to surpass myself. Walked to the Co Op to get some lunch. Picked up a can of soup and some bread, paid for it. turned to walk out of the door and realised I already had a tub full of left over roast dinner in the fridge at work!
    At least I have lunch sorted for tomorrow now.

nicko74

Not today, Saturday, a couple of friends had invited us to a nice knock-up Christmas dinner with them and 7 other people. I hadn’t eaten much all day – hadn’t really felt hungry tbh – so was ready to get stuck in when we arrived. We’d brought pigs in blankets and apple crumble with custard; the PnB were used as a snack to whet the appetite.

It was a good spread, turkey, stuffing, all the potatoes, parsnips and carrots, sprouts, gravy etc, and everyone was really getting into it. The wine was flowing freely too; and the crumble and custard was the icing on the cake. There was tons of crumble, so even though I was feeling full I had a second (generous) portion.

Needless to say I really wasn’t feeling well after that, but still had to be sociable with everyone. I tried not to concentrate on how rough my stomach was feeling from eating way too much as I made smalltalk, but it was getting more and more difficult. Fortunately the wife realised that we needed to get home for the dog, so suggested about 1130 that we should leave, which was music to my ears. Unfortunately, of course, everyone being very friendly, wanted to take ages to say farewell, and I was by now struggling to keep my dinner down. I legged it out, made it just outside the front door before having to chuck. And everyone now apparently thinks I’m antisocial for not saying goodbye properly.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Not today, Thursday.

Went to measure a building full of laser guided missiles.

Tried to gain access with a laser measure.

Security were not impressed.

ratherbeintobago

According to eldest spawn, my biggest crime today was refusing to let her have a lolly out of the sweetie jar and have a non-fruit pudding after tea.

After half an hour of screaming at me, I think she’s gone off to phone social services.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Took the clippers to my hair on the weekend, though I had done a tidy job until I spotted a bit sticking up after I took my beanie off coming home, no problem I thought and grabbed the clippers forgetting I’d taken the guard off. I not hav e a bit missing, no issue normally I’d just even it all up,but it’s winter and I’m going on my first night ride in a long time tomorrow!! Still at least 2 days before work again

nicko74

Took the clippers to my hair on the weekend, though I had done a tidy job until I spotted a bit sticking up after I took my beanie off coming home, no problem I thought and grabbed the clippers forgetting I’d taken the guard off. I not hav e a bit missing, no issue normally I’d just even it all up,but it’s winter and I’m going on my first night ride in a long time tomorrow!! Still at least 2 days before work again

Marker pen to fill in the gaps!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘What stupid thing have you done today?’ is closed to new replies.